1996 Thunderbird 4.6; seen 16NOV23

Martin, they're a bitch to ship, but someone will want that hood and header panel eventually. I paid thru the nose to get one from Arizona; but an awesome club member at tptsnbn shipped it to me.
Good finds.

Martin, they're a bitch to ship, but someone will want that hood and header panel eventually. I paid thru the nose to get one from Arizona; but an awesome club member at tptsnbn shipped it to me.
Good finds.

I hear you. I just don't pick up anything big unless I have a buyer because I don't have enough space to store. The header panel looked fully intact.

Yeah, storing a hood or header panel is tough; it's easy to ruin all the value.

Damn. I was hoping it was south of Richmond. That's a 5 hour drive to Stafford. I was considering a 4 hr drive but 5 is too far for a parts run.

Honestly, even if you were closer, I might recommend against it. Those particular two yards (Fredericksburg, Stafford) aren't very good. Prices are high compared to elsewhere, and the cars sit on the ground with less than 3 ft. between cars. Plus their online inventories have been inaccurate a few times.

Richmond yards on the other hand are great! Cars are elevated on old rims.
All Chesterfield yards are nice, and their inventory is accurate in my experience. Cars sit for a few weeks at most.
Pop's is the cheapest, but you have to call them for inventory information, and their cars sit for years.

If you come from the south, you should have plenty of LKQ yards, right?

Honestly, even if you were closer, I might recommend against it. Those particular two yards (Fredericksburg, Stafford) aren't very good. Prices are high compared to elsewhere, and the cars sit on the ground with less than 3 ft. between cars. Plus their online inventories have been inaccurate a few times.

Richmond yards on the other hand are great! Cars are elevated on old rims.
All Chesterfield yards are nice, and their inventory is accurate in my experience. Cars sit for a few weeks at most.
Pop's is the cheapest, but you have to call them for inventory information, and their cars sit for years.

If you come from the south, you should have plenty of LKQ yards, right?

Yeah they're around but I generally don't have the time to go explore them.

The lkq ones here pull all the valuable parts an put then in a huge warehouse, with shelves like home depot. I bought a 2003pi engine from them, and a steel rim, for a spare, and both came out of the warehouse.

The lkq ones here pull all the valuable parts an put then in a huge warehouse

I think it's a franchise of sorts, and the individual yards follow varying protocols.

Baltimore has four LKQ yards, and they did not pull anything. Richmond yards don't seem to pull anything either, but I'm not entirely sure.

Fredericksburg yards keep certain vehicles in a separate area which only they can access, but I think that's mostly recent model year inventory.

The LCQ yard here was called 'Bigfoots' jy in the 70's; they made them clear out all the cars sprawled everywhere within sight before the '82 World's Fair, in Knoxville. :) Dude that owned the place sold it, and left town. He dod have huge feet, but they were proportional. As a 12yo, I saw him pick up a c3 transmission, carry it ~100 yards, while giving my dad shit, and put it in the trunk like a spare tire. We got home, and could not get it out of the trunk, lol. Even with 4 people, we couldn't lift it straight enough not to waste the body work.

It doesn't really look anything like the factory spoiler either, that one sits a lot taller and the factory one doesn't have those dropped winglets on the ends