89/90 Birds in Fredericksburg

1997ThunderbirdLXV6

Seasoned Veteran Poster
Country flag
Just FYI in case anyone is looking for early models. Anything pre-94 is pretty rare around here.

I won't go up there because it's kind of far, plus I don't particularly like those two yards: all their cars sit on the ground and very close to each other.

These two just came in, so they'll likely be there for the next two weeks or so. Someone pick up those cornering lights!!!

Screenshot_20240203_151613_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just FYI in case anyone is looking for early models. Anything pre-94 is pretty rare around here.

I won't go up there because it's kind of far, plus I don't particularly like those two yards: all their cars sit on the ground and very close to each other.

These two just came in, so they'll likely be there for the next two weeks or so. Someone pick up those cornering lights!!!

View attachment 3767

Other unique part about those is the chrome side window trim. The door ones are the same as Cougar so they aren't really hard to find but the quarter windows are entirely unique

What's up with those wheel covers by the way? They're ugly!

Ford was still hanging onto that personal luxury car audience that liked the 70s versions of Tbirds and Cougars in 89. Those wheel covers would have come with whiteline tires when they were new, still ugly but more fitting

1707020781109.png

BTW there is a preproduction artifact in this 89 brochure page, who can spot it? :)

Full size spare?

That’s a good catch too, but specifically this detail is in one of the illustrations. Here’s another page in the 89 brochure with the same artifact… 🔎

1707066902936.jpeg

If you’re talking about the wheel covers, that is not a pre-production artifact. I have actually seen those in person on a base model 89 in the junkyard. Otherwise I have no idea!

Nope, not the wheel covers. I’ll give a hint; THUNDERBIRD 😉

Yep! 🎉

Thunderbird on the right and going by the first pic LX on the left. Production Tbirds have both the Thunderbird and LX emblems on the left side, and lasted that way through 95