And THIS is why I HATE working on 28 year-old plastic pieces

I'll take the STL file too, I just want to play with it.

Anyone have a trashed stereo surround that they'd get rid of? I'm going to look at doing a double din install in Lazarus, and I don't want to ruin the original, unbroken one.

B, can you give us a link to download it, or do we need to mail in a huge flash drive? :)

Anyone have a trashed stereo surround that they'd get rid of? I'm going to look at doing a double din install in Lazarus, and I don't want to ruin the original, unbroken one.

I don't pick up the bad ones, but they're definitely out there.

Next time I'll go to the junkyard I'll let you know, unless someone else helps you out before then.

The radio bezels usually have broken clips they’re more forgiving to fix than the cluster bezels, those actually can be effectively fixed with something like JB weld or even a very short(cut down) bolt to fasten the through the base of the metal clip into the hollow stand-off. One of my radio bezels had the clock mounts completely broken off and I liberally epoxied a pair of nylon bushings in place and screwed the factory screws right into them to hold it in place

The ones I avoid invariably had aftermarket head units installed, the rubberized paint is all ways peeling around it from sloppy ham fisted cage installs.

I'm going to have to cut the section between the "cubby" and the radio to fit a dual din. $299, all digital, no moving parts, flac, bass engine, time correction, and 6 outputs. :) That's all the cool features in the red cougar, and it sounds awesome. I need to find the alpine amps, or buy another one like the one I have. Lazarus already has 12awg speaker wires, and I have wiring for it. I'll relocate the battery in it too.
I have a mint 94-96 bezel in a padded box. I'd be willing to ship it to someone who can 3D scan and CAD it into a .STL file (provided I get it back in the same condition). After that I can prep and slice the file for 3D printing.

I also have a 3D printer but it isn't big enough to print a bezel.
Would your control board handle longer acme screws? On some, you have to tel it all that stuff. I want to build a big one; a cubic meter would work for us.
These are 500mm that might be big enough.

I'm going to have to cut the section between the "cubby" and the radio to fit a dual din.

I thought the "accepted method" is to relocate the climate controls to the cubby area, then cut the separation between the previous climate controls location and the radio.

That way you're working with a flat surface area. People have done this to install small tablets, etc.

I thought the "accepted method" is to relocate the climate controls to the cubby area, then cut the separation between the previous climate controls location and the radio.

That way you're working with a flat surface area. People have done this to install small tablets, etc.
Yes I have.

20220517_180939.jpg

Would your control board handle longer acme screws? On some, you have to tel it all that stuff. I want to build a big one; a cubic meter would work for us.
These are 500mm that might be big enough.
It's a Crealty 3 Pro, so probably yes. Problem is I don't have a climate controlled place I can put a 500mm x 500mm x 500mm printer.

I could put one downstairs in the fallout shelter, lol. I have the room, but getting in and out would be problematic. I'd like to make what's currently a a hallway back into the stairway, that's under the floor. :) I didn't build this house, bought it from a neighbor's next of kin. It's interesting, there's a shower stall downstairs; the owners had a coal mine, so when they came home they could take a shower, before going into the living quarters. :)

I have one that isn't great...broken tabs and the 2 holes at the top were filled with JB stick and drilled but it is better than that one lol. You can have it if you'll pay shipping.

I have one that isn't great...broken tabs and the 2 holes at the top were filled with JB stick and drilled but it is better than that one lol. You can have it if you'll pay shipping.
I may be interested. I also might drive to pick it up. I'm in Prattville. Might be a good road-trip test for my new-to-me T'bird. Thank you so much for the offer... I'll be in touch.