COVID-19

Trunk Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Vehicle Details
'95 Thunderbird with '18 TF 5.3L - SVO Engine
Country flag
We had this thread at TSTSNBN and it got pretty crazy. I think we’re past that but, just a reminder. Keep it civil and truthful.

Very exciting discovery that I think you’ll find interesting. This story is from last October but I just became aware of it.

This one dropped a couple days ago too.

I'm still unvaccinated. Have nothing against the idea of a covid shot or anyone getting it as they saw fit, but I wasn't going to be a test subject for a new drug.

I've said it before that as the vaccines improve and my age keeps going up, my current choice may change. Who knows. But every time something like this is revealed, it makes all the nonsense I endured — including losing a job over a BS employer mandate — worth it.

So, I need to vaccine for the vaccine? IMO this is the biggest issue with Western medicine. We don't go after the actual cause of the issue, instead we treat the issue. Let's figure out why this type of vaccine causes this issue and solve for that.

Sounds like they did, at least are on the right track (from that link) -

"In a paper published in Blood, scientists from the University of Birmingham funded by the National Institute for Health and Care Research and the British Heart Foundation have been able to identify how deadly blood clots, in the disease known as Vaccine-Induced Immune Thrombocytopenia and Thrombosis (VITT), occur."

"In this latest study, the team used blood taken from healthy donors, as well as serum and plasma from patients with VITT, and have been able to learn for the first time how PF4 was directly involved in the activation of platelets and resulted in thrombotic events. By sticking to a receptor called c-Mpl on the surface of platelets, PF4 triggered the production of the small cells known to cause clotting."

So, unless you're one of the very rare people who have this VITT issue, don't worry about it. I wonder if they can test for that, actually. I've gotten the vaccine (2 shots) along with I think now 3 boosters (skipped one last year when I actually got COVID and I felt like I had the flu for around 4 days so I figured my white blood cells were active enough) and I've had zero blood clotting issues, along with every single person I know who's ever gotten vaccinated/boosted for this. I also know of a few people who died from COVID, unvaccinated, but I think all of them were older (than me at least) so I suppose weak constitutions probably played a part, older people can die from the flu, too.

And they also seem to have a plan for the VITT people -

"Variations on a drug used to treat bone marrow cancers could be developed to protect VITT patients from deadly clotting, the research also found."

There was no problem with Western medicine here, this was a mad scramble to find something to slow down/stop COVID while it was killing millions of people. I would certainly take the risk of possible rare negative side effects vs. the near certainty that getting that virus while unvaccinated would probably put me on a respirator or much worse. If there wasn't a pandemic forcing the issue I'm sure they would have done way more tests and figured out the weird anomalies like this VITT issue before even considering offering such a vaccine to the public. But the whole world was going through a crisis, a sloppy solution was much better than no solution at all. There have been spikes recently in COVID cases, too, though I think recent variants are less lethal? All things considered, I'm glad that I live in this modern age such that there's a good shot at stopping or minimizing a pandemic using modern medicine, I bet A.I. helps stop the next one cold. Imagine if this had happened a hundred years ago, how many hundreds of millions of people would have died.

Seriously, if the pharmaceutical companies had refused to manufacture and distribute a vaccine that worked for practically everybody because it was possible that a few people could die from it, while millions of people were dying in crowded hospitals and at home, would you have sided with them for making sure that a small number with this a blood clotting problem wouldn't be put at risk? I wouldn't, I would have been like most people who were demanding faster distribution. Remember those rich people who were flying to different states to cut in line to get the vaccine because at the beginning some areas didn't have it or only offered it to seniors in assisted living or to doctors and nurses?

I know a bunch of people that died of covid; all good republicans. There's a whole section at the graveyard where my dad is buried. I don't know anyone who had a complication from getting vaccinated. I've taken all the available boosters and since the first one, I've blown out every cold I've had in a couple of days. Next you know, the whole party is going to be in wheelchairs from polio, lol. I know people who's parents didn't get them vaccinated for polio in the 60's.
They've been crippled their whole life. I'm glad my parents cared about me.

Sounds like they did, at least are on the right track (from that link) -

"In a paper published in Blood, scientists from the University of Birmingham funded by the National Institute for Health and Care Research and the British Heart Foundation have been able to identify how deadly blood clots, in the disease known as Vaccine-Induced Immune Thrombocytopenia and Thrombosis (VITT), occur."

"In this latest study, the team used blood taken from healthy donors, as well as serum and plasma from patients with VITT, and have been able to learn for the first time how PF4 was directly involved in the activation of platelets and resulted in thrombotic events. By sticking to a receptor called c-Mpl on the surface of platelets, PF4 triggered the production of the small cells known to cause clotting."

So, unless you're one of the very rare people who have this VITT issue, don't worry about it. I wonder if they can test for that, actually. I've gotten the vaccine (2 shots) along with I think now 3 boosters (skipped one last year when I actually got COVID and I felt like I had the flu for around 4 days so I figured my white blood cells were active enough) and I've had zero blood clotting issues, along with every single person I know who's ever gotten vaccinated/boosted for this. I also know of a few people who died from COVID, unvaccinated, but I think all of them were older (than me at least) so I suppose weak constitutions probably played a part, older people can die from the flu, too.

And they also seem to have a plan for the VITT people -

"Variations on a drug used to treat bone marrow cancers could be developed to protect VITT patients from deadly clotting, the research also found."

There was no problem with Western medicine here, this was a mad scramble to find something to slow down/stop COVID while it was killing millions of people. I would certainly take the risk of possible rare negative side effects vs. the near certainty that getting that virus while unvaccinated would probably put me on a respirator or much worse. If there wasn't a pandemic forcing the issue I'm sure they would have done way more tests and figured out the weird anomalies like this VITT issue before even considering offering such a vaccine to the public. But the whole world was going through a crisis, a sloppy solution was much better than no solution at all. There have been spikes recently in COVID cases, too, though I think recent variants are less lethal? All things considered, I'm glad that I live in this modern age such that there's a good shot at stopping or minimizing a pandemic using modern medicine, I bet A.I. helps stop the next one cold. Imagine if this had happened a hundred years ago, how many hundreds of millions of people would have died.

Seriously, if the pharmaceutical companies had refused to manufacture and distribute a vaccine that worked for practically everybody because it was possible that a few people could die from it, while millions of people were dying in crowded hospitals and at home, would you have sided with them for making sure that a small number with this a blood clotting problem wouldn't be put at risk? I wouldn't, I would have been like most people who were demanding faster distribution. Remember those rich people who were flying to different states to cut in line to get the vaccine because at the beginning some areas didn't have it or only offered it to seniors in assisted living or to doctors and nurses?
My biggest issue is that we aren't trying to fix the current vaccine. Instead they're making another one and all of the money that goes along with it..

FWIW, I did get the vaccine.

My biggest issue is that we aren't trying to fix the current vaccine. Instead they're making another one and all of the money that goes along with it..

FWIW, I did get the vaccine.

Agreed, it's a weird vaccine because it's not really a vaccine in the normal sense like for polio or something where you get the shot and the virus or whatever can't affect you anymore. These vaccines are more like flu shots, they fight whatever current strain(s) of COVID are most common or newly mutated and are good for some time (my latest booster is good for a year, apparently) but then, uh-oh, new variant, need a new booster. It would be best to get a permanent (or 30-year+ long) solution. Not sure if this type of virus can be defeated that way or not, I don't know anywhere near enough about immunization. It may be that there is no way to fix this current type of vaccine given how COVID operates and how it's being attacked by the vaccine.

The thing with vaccines is that we are a diverse people. Some people smoke until they're 80, and never get cancer; some people get it from second hand smoke.There is always a percentage that gets complications.
MRNA techniques get us past using a live virus, that actually gives you the disease in a small percentage of cases. The outbreaks of polio I've heard of in other parts of the world are often caused by the vaccine.
We think Covid was bad, we're just lucky they eradicated smallpox. With modern airtravel, it would be a global killer.

MRNA gets gets Pfizer and Moderna past having only one time customers for a given so-called cure. I trust the science but I know exactly what motivates people 💵 we could have stopped all air travel in its tracks and really slowed the spread in the first place but once again 💸

I’m vaxxed and fully boosted btw. But only because it’s annual and I can get it with the flu shot. If the vax was every 6 months like they tried at the beginning I’d roll the dice.

There were so many unvaxxed people in the beginning, it was mutating rapidly. Fewer people sick== fewer mutations.
You're right on travel. I'd have shut that shit down like 9/11.

People are freaking nuts. dude was hoping for some adverse reaction he could sue, and get his 15 minutes on. You're more likely to have an adverse reaction from the shot itself, people's skin is disgusting, lol. running a needle thru it to a vein is dangerous in itself, which is why there wasn't a heroin problem until we had antibiotics, and hypodermic syringes were possible. Most junkies these days die from infection, if they don't find fentanyl.

Back