Manual Valve Body 4R70W

Chandar8

1st Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
1995 Thunderbird, 4.6
Country flag
Basically the title, anyone here built a full-blown 4r70w with a manual valve body? What parts did you use? I went around here and the stsnbn looking for answers and found one thread about it and it ended fairly abruptly, with a passing mention to Freddy Brown Performance. Any info would be great!
-Chandar

link to said thread:

Silver Fox has some valve body options for AODs, and wondering if they may for this application, as well.

Silver Fox has some valve body options for AODs, and wondering if they may for this application, as well.
I've found a small selection of them that range between 500-1100$ from various manufacturers. I just don't wanna jump into this and have unforseen problems cuz I'm the first dude to do it. If that has to be how it is so be it then

These are the ones I have found, with the last link being the Freddy Brown performance one that the last post was talking about. I don't need a trans brake so I think the broader performance one is the one to rock.

Well boy howdy you've got another hit for me! 4r70w manual valve body for 500$

Is Silver fox their own company or is it Dirty Dog? Cuz I don't think Dirty Dog is doing stuff at this time.

Edit: Found my own answer searching the forum long enough lool

Silverfox was a member; I chatted with him when I was breaking transmissions. Seemed like a good guy.

I have 2 buddies that had pretty stout 4r70w builds, both of them were done by Darrin Birch. Not sure if he is still in business tho.

Darrin's been off the grid for a while.:zshrug:

Joe

Honest question, why would someone want a manual valve body in our cars? Not saying I don't think it would work or be cool, but what's the appeal?

Chandar and I will build the trans. he is just researching options for manual valve bodies.

Honest question, why would someone want a manual valve body in our cars? Not saying I don't think it would work or be cool, but what's the appeal?
The purpose for this particular car is to use it for drifting. No appeal otherwise in this case.

The only real benefit would be that it'll hold 3rd in "D" without automatically downshifting, or if you're gutting the electronics. Some MVBs also reverse the pattern so it's PRN123 which some find more intuitive.

Alan said at one time that the manual vb kit ws the only thing transgo made that was worth a damn, but I have no real idea. You might ask him.

Yeah; it's not like I'm buying a TC, lol.