1994 thunderbird Violin Air Intake replacement

Chubz21

Vehicle Details
1994 ford thunderbird lx 4.6 2v
Country flag
I have a 1994 Thunderbird 4.6 2v lx and the Violin Air Intake Assembly broke looking for a replacement any suggestions please and thank you

Are you looking to keep it stock with a replacement, or are you looking to add performance? How fast do you need to get it back up and running?

I don’t know how relevant it is these days but one of the old cheap mods was making a custom intake tube from the CAIs made for civics that were stocked at a lot of auto parts stores and reconfigure the couplers/ breather ports for the Tbird layout. Could also probably just make the same thing with any 2-1/2” or 3 pipe with a 45° bend and some universal couplers grommets and flex pipe. That’s what the “RichardM tube” was if you ever see it mentioned.

Don’t expect any kind of performance improvement though, out of curiosity what broke on the stock violin case?

You may need to pinch the tube where it crosses the fuel rail - not much clearance with the 94/95 hood and that's why the violin case is narrow in that section.

Are you looking to keep it stock with a replacement, or are you looking to add performance? How fast do you need to get it back up and running?
Yea I want a replacement but anything will work just want her back on the road

I don’t know how relevant it is these days but one of the old cheap mods was making a custom intake tube from the CAIs made for civics that were stocked at a lot of auto parts stores and reconfigure the couplers/ breather ports for the Tbird layout. Could also probably just make the same thing with any 2-1/2” or 3 pipe with a 45° bend and some universal couplers grommets and flex pipe. That’s what the “RichardM tube” was if you ever see it mentioned.

Don’t expect any kind of performance improvement though, out of curiosity what broke on the stock violin case?
Thank u so much and I will look in to it and it just broke from the heat i do t notice until i toke it off to change spark plugs

You may need to pinch the tube where it crosses the fuel rail - not much clearance with the 94/95 hood and that's why the violin case is narrow in that section.
Thank you