1996 Tbird Ford Sales Product Training

Trunk Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Vehicle Details
'95 Thunderbird with '18 TF 5.3L - SVO Engine
Country flag
This sales video came up as a random recommendation in my YT feed.

Interesting piece of history.

Reactions: Irv
The Cheapening on display.

Still a cool video.

Interesting, so some things that I thought were removed in '97 were actually removed in '96.

Saying that the V6 was "up to just about any driving task" is laughable even for 1996. 0-60 in "Fuck, I don't know, maybe?"

Error mentioning EEC-IV instead of EEC-V. Also, I have no idea what car they were showing when she was going over the child seat restraints.

Oh, yeah, a whole lotta playing free and loose with the words about this car. But hey, it's a car salesman training video what do you expect? :LOL:

Showing off the useless cupholders right before they tipped over and ruined the gameboy underneath :rofl:

What's wrong with this picture?

1701057149842.png

That's definitely not a premium cassette deck, despite the badge under the vent! :facepalm:

It was clear by mid-95 when this video was produced that Ford had no interest in the MN12 anymore, based on the fact that there are so many simple errors with the information they provided to their own people to try and sell them!

That's definitely not a premium cassette deck, despite the badge under the vent! :facepalm:

It was clear by mid-95 when this video was produced that Ford had no interest in the MN12 anymore, based on the fact that there are so many simple errors with the information they provided to their own people to try and sell them!

B.... b.... but they changed the font of the emblem, to reflect the newfound customer appeal!

...Even though throughout the video they use the 89-95 emblem in the graphic lol

I noticed the one they used is the one with blue feet. I never did put that on the bird when I had it. I'll see if herb wants it. I always wanted to put an led flasher behind the feet, lol. I noticed the performance package they mention is not the one on the cougar, and it didn't have 16" wheels, but it did have the locker diff and bigger swaybar. Lazarus is a bitch to get the oil filter out of. I think Lazarus has the 0157 package. It was on the sticker, but I've lost all that stuff during a move.

Last edited: