Car of the Month Photo Submissions

theterminator93

Administrator
Staff member
Vehicle Details
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
Country flag
Birdcats would like to start featuring different MN12s in the header banner and in a special thread that will be rotated on a periodic basis (for now, monthly). Before we can begin, we need your photos!

Use this thread to submit photos of your car (past or present) that you want to be at the top of the page! Multiple submissions are accepted - different photos of the same car are welcome!

For featured vehicles, we would like to list some essential details about your car in a different thread. When you submit your photo, please be sure to include some brief details about the car in your photos!
  • Year, trim and engine (e.g. 95 SC 5-speed or 94 LX 4.6)
  • Prominent mods (please don't list everything - just the highlights! 1-2 sentences is enough)
  • How long have you had your car? Is it a daily driver? Track car? Feel free to list HP/TQ and track times.

Great idea to feature members' cars!

Alright, so at least exterior wise, my car is way too stock to merit banner duty. No hard feelings!
I'll just participate here for participating sake - the Olympic spirit.

Yours truly owns a:
  • '97 LX 3.8
  • Prominent mods: cornering lights, DRLs, countless interior nips & tucks
  • How long have you had your car? 1.5 years
  • Is it a daily driver? Yes
  • Track car? Hell no
  • HP: adequate
  • TQ: adequate
  • Track times: we will never know

20230517_180203.jpg

Great idea to feature members' cars!

Alright, so at least exterior wise, my car is way too stock to merit banner duty. No hard feelings!
I'll just participate here for participating sake - the Olympic spirit.

Yours truly owns a:
  • '97 LX 3.8
  • Prominent mods: cornering lights, DRLs, countless interior nips & tucks
  • How long have you had your car? 1.5 years
  • Is it a daily driver? Yes
  • Track car? Hell no
  • HP: adequate
  • TQ: adequate
  • Track times: we will never know

View attachment 2086

Looks great! Even if it's not a sporty model, it's refreshing to see clean stock looking examples.

48bffed6-8cd0-4b8d-99b2-227d8f50860f.jpegScreenshot_20231107-202327~2.pngScreenshot_20231109-220903~2.pngbcf113e9-a364-4e14-8492-c0ae4f2e8d17~2.jpeg
  • 1990 Thunderbird SC
  • GT40 302 swap, M5R2 swap, hydraulic hand brake, Jarvis Built Angle kit, 100MM track widening, MSR Front coilovers, Bilstein B8 rear shocks, Dual Piston PBR calipers
  • Owned: 4 years
  • Track car: Exclusively
  • HP/TQ: Unknown
  • Track time: Raceway Park Road coarse completed in 46seconds Sideways.

IMG_7840.jpeg

SC driveway pic 2023.jpeg
SC engine 101023.jpg
  • 1991 SC with automatic
  • 4.2 late model SC motor with 2.3 Whipple, FMIC and 4r70w trans swap
  • Owned car since 1993 and spent last 5 years making it a more comfortable cruiser instead of drag racer.
  • Makes 500 rwhp give or take and runs high 10s with drag tires.

Last edited:
Lots of beautiful cars guys, love it! Keep the submissions coming. :)

I'll throw a couple photos of my own MN12 (past and present) into the mix as well.

For anyone wondering, we will be choosing the photos more or less at-random when it comes time to start featuring rides.

Submission #1
97 Thunderbird LX 4.6
Stock block with stage 2 PI heads from Nick McKinney and Bullet stage 2P cams. Supporting drivetrain mods (stall, trans, gears, etc.), repainted in 2012.
Bought in 2004 and is currently a fair weather DD.

IMG_3068a.jpg

20170422_143727s.jpg

I'll sneak an homage to my FIL's 97 Sport with this one. ;)

IMG_3406a.jpg

My other (former) MN12:
94 Cougar 3.8
All stock winter weather DD (2009-2014)

IMG_3180s.jpg

Thanks to all who submitted entries! The term of "Monthly" is going to be a loose term. As I have time I'll rotate through these submissions or Matt may post some up under the OG Theme mode as they both have separate headers.

For now, Wile E. Coyote has been selected at random as our first "Car of the month". Congratulations!

I'll submit my Thunderturd just for the lulz.
  • 1995 LX 4.6L with Chameleon Blue over Portofino Blue cloth. 69,xxx miles on the odometer.
  • 3.27:1 Trac-Lok rear end, Taurus SecuriCode keypad, trunk lift support struts, and a full restoration in progress.
  • Purchased in June 2022 from a close friend. Currently is a 20/20 weekend toy (looks good at 20mph from 20 feet away).

Day 1 Front.jpg

Day 1 Rear.jpg

headlights 4.jpg

IMG_0063.jpeg
1994 Thunderbird LX

PI intake, MHS stage 2 cams, Jmod, 4:10 gears, Cobra brakes, SC side skirts / rear bumper, SC custom interior. Too much to list it all.

Owned since 2007, prior to that it was my Grandparents who bought new in 94 off the showroom floor at Good Brother Ford in Randolph, MA.

View attachment 3659
1994 Thunderbird LX

PI intake, MHS stage 2 cams, Jmod, 4:10 gears, Cobra brakes, SC side skirts / rear bumper, SC custom interior. Too much to list it all.

Owned since 2007, prior to that it was my Grandparents who bought new in 94 off the showroom floor at Good Brother Ford in Randolph, MA.

Good looking car Eric. Not sure if I've ever seen it. How did you lower it? It looks really low.

Good looking car Eric. Not sure if I've ever seen it. How did you lower it? It looks really low.
Thanks! I've been around on TCCoA for over 10 years, I'm not too active on the forums but I come on from time to time.

It's lowered with the QA1 coilovers from SCP, I actually have to either roll the quarter panel lip or raise it slightly, It rubs a wee bit on certain bumps.

Thanks! I've been around on TCCoA for over 10 years, I'm not too active on the forums but I come on from time to time.

It's lowered with the QA1 coilovers from SCP, I actually have to either roll the quarter panel lip or raise it slightly, It rubs a wee bit on certain bumps.
I saw a great video on YouTube about how to roll fenders the old-school way. I’ll have to look it up and share it with you when I get a chance.

I rolled mine with a baseball bat in the summer after taking a chunk of tread off. Takesa lot of patience and you want to use a heat gun but it worked great in the end. Wear gloves, I gave myself a nasty blister between my thumb and index finger twisting the bat

I rolled mine with a baseball bat in the summer after taking a chunk of tread off. Takesa lot of patience and you want to use a heat gun but it worked great in the end. Wear gloves, I gave myself a nasty blister between my thumb and index finger twisting the bat
I've seen this as a 2 person job. One holds the bat as another drives the car slowly, so the tire rolls the bat.

Remember the fender just needs rolled a few inches above the belt line and above. Is mostly unseen once rolled, so any chips can be touched up easily

I’m too much of a control freak with my car to relinquish driving duty or or bat duty to someone else. I put a a towel over the tire for the bat to roll over, which reduces the friction a bit.

IMG_20231015_141534665.jpg
I need to roll mine. I bought a roller from Eastwood to do it. But I haven't even taken it out of the box yet.

That would be much appreciated!

After looking for a few, I thought I bookmarked or otherwise saved the video but I can't find the darn thing! It was nothing special just a guy using a baseball bat to roll the fender. The cool thing about the video was that his Dad was sitting on the hood to create the downforce and as the car rolled the camera pulled back and his Mom was the one driving the car.

It was just a cool family affair.

If the FN10 counts

1708839869182.png
1998 Lincoln MakVIII LSC
No mods
Recently obtained

Quite a distraction but might look good in a banner form

Might as well throw my bird up here for fun and profit
1990 Ford Thunderbird base model
no appearance mods, just maintenance
I've owned it since 2019 but my Dad bought it in 1991 with 2000Kms (1473mi) and its been in our family since then
Its my project car but it also serves as my summer DD 'cause I love to drive it.
1709936995504.jpeg

Thank you! I have been told that there's not many stock, well kept, early model base trim cars around, as they were definitely nothing special at the time so few elected to keep em clean, the sc's were of course the flagship and could, for certain model years keep up with the mustang.

I should get some nice fake plates if we do, not sure what's out there