Ford's Rare Space Aged Bruiser - The Ford Galaxie Starliner

SOHC baby, and I'm not talking about a 4.6! (y)

Joe

Shame on NASCAR for killing every great piece of engineering like that made for it, first the exotic big blocks, then the aero warriors, then cars shaped like production cars altogether. Fuck even playing field/drivers sport nonsense!

I would love to have a 1960 Starliner. Love the front grill.

So cool you still have the pictures! I used to have pictures of my Dad’s 71 Charger and 78 Trans Am but they got lost somewhere in time.

Those cars were so badass! I knew a girl tat had a black 6.6lv8 version, T-tops,and a big gold bird on the hood. :) She was brunette, about 5.5 and "stacked like a brick shithouse!", as a buddy of mine used to say. I love the starliner. My mom hadone in emerald green metalflake; it was gorgeous, like you dads. Post up a gallery; I can't find a pic of hers.

Those cars were so badass! I knew a girl tat had a black 6.6lv8 version, T-tops,and a big gold bird on the hood. :) She was brunette, about 5.5 and "stacked like a brick shithouse!", as a buddy of mine used to say. I love the starliner. My mom hadone in emerald green metalflake; it was gorgeous, like you dads. Post up a gallery; I can't find a pic of hers.
Maybe we should have a "cars we used to have" gallery/thread. Might be fun??

Will those sohc heads bolt up on a 390 That would explain another argument I remember from my childhood. My dad Wrecked the car my mom had, and she made him buy her a new one. but I remember hearing "You wrecked my car so you could steal the motor for your race car" That car had a 390 with the 3 deuce manifold, in a chevy bel air, lol. I don't remember the heads, but that was 20 years before I got the three deuce manifold.

Will those sohc heads bolt up on a 390 That would explain another argument I remember from my childhood. My dad Wrecked the car my mom had, and she made him buy her a new one. but I remember hearing "You wrecked my car so you could steal the motor for your race car" That car had a 390 with the 3 deuce manifold, in a chevy bel air, lol. I don't remember the heads, but that was 20 years before I got the three deuce manifold.

I don’t think so, I think the side oiler layout of the 427s married the SOHC heads to those blocks, there are a bunch of other differences as well. The triple carb intake wouldn’t fit the SOHC heads either, the regular OHV FE manifolds make up a quarter of the cylinder heads including the pushrod holes, they’re specific to a certain port style as well though I don’t remember which, FEs were the most unmodular engine family Ford made there’s so many bespoke variations

OK. that one wouldn't have been hers, then. That car was my dad's mustang (I was like 3) It had a mustang logo on the front, that I found out way later was a trophy on his bel air. Bumblebee black and yellow.