Grand Marquis Palm Beach

1997ThunderbirdLXV6

Seasoned Veteran Poster
Country flag
Not an MN12, but hopefully there are a few Panther geeks who'll appreciate this:

The Grand Marquis Palm Beach Edition. Not a dealer add-on, but an actual factory option package with some unusual features.
  • Chrome wheels
  • Ivory leather with grey trim
  • Metal effect decor instead of faux wood
  • Chrome mirror caps (not covers)
  • Fog lights
  • And...special badging - yay!
20240112_144205.jpg20240112_144156.jpg20240112_144235.jpg20240112_144247.jpg20240112_144304.jpg20240112_144338.jpg
20240112_144220.jpg

Damn, those are beautiful seats! I don't think any of that stuff will fit our cars, tho. Mirrors look cool too. Depending on year the engine and trans are fair game. Always look at the mileage. I found a 03 towncar engine for the red cougar, car was wasted, but 725 miles on the odo. The tripmeter only read 50. something... Granpa pulled out in front of a truck, it looked like, bumper in rear seat area. :(

That's an '08 Merc. Fogs were always an option on the Merc Panthers but for some reason never on the CV, which still pisses me off, lol.. Not even on my '03 LX Sport.

Those seats would be nice and comfy for someone to upgrade their cloth ones. They look clean.

Probably trying to give the Mercury something, anything, upscale. Those late MGMs lost whatever distinguishing traits they had after 03 or so, just some grille engineering. The Marauder looked exactly like a CVPI since it didn’t even use the Mercury tailights 😆

I guess. They also made the front bumper cover and headlights different so they aren't a direct swap onto a CV.

Correct, the Marauder taillights are the same as CVPI tails, just tinted and the body/color matched trim.

Nice. I love panthers, but the survivors are all so messed up

Nice. I love panthers, but the survivors are all so messed up

Tell me about it.

Selling mine was my single biggest automotive mistake. I was the first registered owner; I bought it as a dealer demo with 5,000 miles for half of MSRP. It would be a collector's item today.

I would really like to own a clean Panther again. Surprisingly the local police here in small towns of FL still have some in service! They obviously don't rust out down here so they will probably last as long as parts are still available.

I guess. They also made the front bumper cover and headlights different so they aren't a direct swap onto a CV.

Correct, the Marauder taillights are the same as CVPI tails, just tinted and the body/color matched trim.
That’s right, i think the grille is a little wider or boxier too. For me I think Ford just stopped caring after the 03 refresh, the 98-02s had different fenders and much different looking headlights/corners at least. It’s like the 97 Tbird level of decontention but it lasted for 9 years like that