Jake Paul V. Mike Tyson

Trunk Monkey

Administrator
Staff member
Vehicle Details
'95 Thunderbird with '18 TF 5.3L - SVO Engine
Country flag
What are your thoughts on this fight? Scheduled for July 20!

I don’t follow any type of combat sports, and I know very little about Jake Paul, but I have seen a few clips of Mike Tyson training, and it is astonishing how fast he still is! Having said that, I don’t really see what is in it for Jake Paul. If he wins, then all the Tyson fans will say he never could have beat Tyson in his prime, and if he loses, he got beat by an old man, so I really don’t see the gain in it for him.

From what little I know and don't care to look up, he may not be as scummy as his brother Logan, but I still want him on the receiving end of a Wilder right hand.

I don’t follow any type of combat sports, and I know very little about Jake Paul, but I have seen a few clips of Mike Tyson training, and it is astonishing how fast he still is! Having said that, I don’t really see what is in it for Jake Paul. If he wins, then all the Tyson fans will say he never could have beat Tyson in his prime, and if he loses, he got beat by an old man, so I really don’t see the gain in it for him.
I don’t follow combat sports either. I just found this one interesting because Mike Tyson is involved. Like yourself I’m not sure what Jake hopes to gain out of this. I have no doubt Mike is still very capable of kicking his ass I look forward to seeing it happen.

Yeah, I saw a clip of each of them training, and it looked like Jake Paul was in slow motion compared to Mike. His career is a little before my time, but I know he used to be a pretty bad guy (biting Holyfield’s ear off and going to prison for sexual assault) and it seems like he has worked hard to try to become a better person over the last 20 years or so. My original thoughts on it were that people usually mellow as they get older, but seeing him training now, I’m starting to think that the bad guy never went away, he’s just kept that animal caged for 20 years, and he’s about to unleash something fierce like we haven’t seen in a long time. I just hope it doesn’t open a door for him to go back to a negative lifestyle that he seems to have left behind.

I just hope it doesn’t open a door for him to go back to a negative lifestyle that he seems to have left behind.

images.jpeg

Yeah .. sure. 🙄

This fight is worth $50M - 300M .. Mike is supposed to make at least $20M. It doesn't matter who wins, it's just a paperview payday. 😉

Pokemon cards don't pay for themselves and when your 20 minutes into your 15 minutes of fame and you have no real skills, you'll do anything to generate some revenue.

A friend of my wife told us recently that the last time he took his kid to Legoland, that kid from Ryan's Toys was doing some kind of promo appearance. He's a tween/teen now and was totally over his day job of playing with toys. Give him a few years and he'll be fighting Jake Paul, Mike Tyson, or both soon enough.

Pokemon cards don't pay for themselves and when your 20 minutes into your 15 minutes of fame and you have no real skills, you'll do anything to generate some revenue.

A friend of my wife told us recently that the last time he took his kid to Legoland, that kid from Ryan's Toys was doing some kind of promo appearance. He's a tween/teen now and was totally over his day job of playing with toys. Give him a few years and he'll be fighting Jake Paul, Mike Tyson, or both soon enough.
This. But to be fair, if I could generate 10 years of my income in just one hour and all I had to do was fight get my ass kicked by someone famous, I would absolutely take that opportunity.

Pokemon cards don't pay for themselves

Funny story .. one of my employees told me he got caught shoplifting Pokémon cards years ago. They took his picture, put it on the wall and wrote Pokémon Master on it. 🤣

This. But to be fair, if I could generate 10 years of my income in just one hour and all I had to do was fight get my ass kicked by someone famous, I would absolutely take that opportunity.
“Someone famous” is not the same as “Former heavyweight boxing champion” For $20Mil, I’ll take a few punches from Stallone or Schwarzenegger before going down, but no way in hell I’m going in a ring with Mike Tyson for any amount of money!

Oh I would, I'd probably do worse for $20Mil and whatever injuries I get wont last as long as the prison sentence many ways of earning a quick 8 figures risks!. Shit I'd fight Stallone for $20k, I'm way younger and at least we're the same height lol

We had a party back in the 90's to watch the tyson fight. I went to the bathroom to pee, and by the time I came out, 30 seconds later, the fight was over. Total knockout.

It should be awesome. :D

There are people I'd pay Tyson to knock out,if I had the 20 million, lol.