New site

Rocketdog

Vehicle Details
1995 Mercury Cougar XR7 Restomod DOHC V8
Country flag
Thank you all for the invitations to port over and use the new site. I appreciate all the kind words and hospitality very much.

I tried to post a couple photos but the site says they are too large. Maybe somebody can clue me in on the best way to share images.

Kind regards,
Rocketdog

Hello and welcome!

I usually crop my photos down just a little if they are over 5 megabytes to get them to load. A lot of sites have a 5mb limit for photo uploads. I am not actually sure what this site's megabyte limit is, but I have to do the same thing when I take pictures of receipts for expense reports, and most photo uploads on several sites. Cropping them down, even just a little, really reduces the mb size.

I have to convert mine from .png to .jpg before I upload them. That usually cuts the size down.

Welcome in! This is what I do, because quite honestly I (or my scroll wheel) don't like it when theres a thread with dozens of gigantic images. So I end up pressing the End key and scrolling up.
If you use windows 10 or 11, scale down the image previewer window and use win+shift+s. It should scale the image fairly uniform
1696012958999.png
1696013196244.png

Unless you're looking to upload some wallpaper quality image

I should clarify, win+shift+s prompts a window that you want added to your clipboard. A lot less clunky than PRTSC key. These forums allow to paste from clipboard. I'm always reluctant to upgrade operating systems but that feature was a great improvement from pasting the entire screen into ms paint and cropping the image there, then save as and upload

As an off year, all I have done is replace the rear tires. Off came the 275/40zr18 Hankooks on 18x9 SVE s350 wheels.
In went the 285/35zr20 Continental's on Shelby CS70 wheels.

I plan to move the SVEs to the front with some new tires next year. For now the 255/45zr17 Continentals on the 17x8 Ford Tribars are on duty.

On the street out front.

Attachments

• IMG_20230926_094140147.jpg
    IMG_20230926_094140147.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230926_094215600.jpg
    IMG_20230926_094215600.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20230926_104022843_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230926_104022843_HDR~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Glad you got our messages and found your way here!

Welcome to the new world!

Thank you all for the invitations to port over and use the new site. I appreciate all the kind words and hospitality very much.

I tried to post a couple photos but the site says they are too large. Maybe somebody can clue me in on the best way to share images.

Kind regards,
Rocketdog
2024, an early start

Our goal for the year is to become whole again, with S&W Race Cars 10 point roll cage installed, and new seats in front.

So, after the collision in 2023, I am scared we may be a little bent. All the components up front are new, so eyeballing it is not an option.
We just got in a pair of brand new Pirelli P Zero Nero GT tires in 245/45zr18 to put on the SVE 18x9 10 spokes up front. They are mounted and balanced, ready. The rears will remain brand newish Continental Extreme Contact Sport in 285/35zr20 on Shelby CSxx wheels. That's down in width from 255 and up in wheel diameter 1". We gained a little sidewall there too.

I am going to mount the wheels and drive it to an alignment rack. If it won't come in to tolerance, fix it. When it does pass, remove the interior and drive it to the metal fab shop.
Install roll cage. Paint interior and roll cage.

Find, purchase, A right door and mirror, a right fender, inner and outer. Same deal new Header panel. Same deal GM lights, harness.
Install all.

Sort out my OBDIi issues, drive it to the Dyno shop.

At least, that's the plan. No doubt many little things will occur to be commented upon.

We were lucky to receive the front tires at half price, a private donation delivered, and the mount and balance by Village Street Garage. The only guys around to handle low profile sneakers.

As ever, our goal is to raise awareness and funds for ALS Patient Treatment Improvements. We intend to campaign an amateur Land Speed DOHC 1995 Cougar still in build stages.

Thanks, I will be posting up a bunch of 1997 Mark parts I harvested. They are now known as in the way, so super fair pricing.

Rocketdog

Good luck on the season! I sold my header panel with GM lights in it about a year ago, otherwise that would have worked for you.