Tony Angelo Mark VIII Build

I've been kicking myself for years after I sold the 66 2 door Falcon I had. It was a rust free California car but the interior and the weather stripping were shot. At the time there was no aftermarket available for the 66 and up cars, only the 60-65s. Like you said Matt, the engine bay was big, the plan was to drop a Cleveland into it. The car is gone but the Cleveland is still out in my shed! :p

Joe

I was truly amazed when Hal was able to evade the police in the 6-cyl version. He was nuts, tho. :) He later had an Opal gt, which is a badly overlooked performance car.IIRC, it was only a 4 cyl, but he replaced the heads, and some other stuff. He got busted for 160mph on I 40 going to class in the late 70's. That car was notable for the headlights; they were lever operated, from the console like the parking brake on sc's. They rolled sideways, unlike any other car I've seen. It had a leaf spring in front, mounted transverse, that was both the front springs for the wheels, but also pivoted to act as the sway bar, saving weight. Stiffer spring, stiffer swaybar. :)

I also frantically feel around for the hood latch 😓

If you put a big block in the grandpa version, you had to beef up the frame or it would break. Right behind the firewall, at wot. :rofl: