Wet under carpet

JacobM03

Vehicle Details
1992 Thunderbird Sport 5.0
Country flag
My car seems to always have the floor wet, I pulled the carpet up and the insulation is soaked and floor pans wet, I had dried it out and used a dehumidifier and it just seems to get wet again after a while.

I had got my rockers redone when I had got the car and it seemed like a hack job, would it be possible there is a drain blocked or my weather stripping is bad?

Where is it getting wet at? A fairly common problem is the seal around the air intake vent under the passenger side wiper cowl cover, and water leaks through and drips onto the floor through the blower motor housing.

Where is it getting wet at? A fairly common problem is the seal around the air intake vent under the passenger side wiper cowl cover, and water leaks through and drips onto the floor through the blower motor housing.
I know it is for sure soaked under passenger carpet foot well and behind/under the seat, I was feeling that up today, ill check to make sure tomorrow about driver side.

Good chance that the air intake under the cowl panel is leaking. The factory sealant is notorious for cracking and letting water past. This would also be the location (passenger front floor) that would get wet if the heater core were leaking. If you're not smelling/losing coolant then it's probably not that.

20230407_192702.jpg

Good chance that the air intake under the cowl panel is leaking. The factory sealant is notorious for cracking and letting water past. This would also be the location (passenger front floor) that would get wet if the heater core were leaking. If you're not smelling/losing coolant then it's probably not that.

View attachment 5188
Ill check that out, what would you reseal it with? Black rtv?

I have used black RTV in the past and it worked. I recently stripped the engine bay for paint and when I reinstalled it I used 3M urethane seam sealer.

I hope someone can chime in and say this is a coincidence, but I had less of an issue with this when I started cracking my window 1/3 of an inch and relying on a rain visor instead. When I first got the bird I had spent like 1-2 years using crystals to collect moisture and drop them into a little pan

The other difference is that I park it sheltered now

I have used black RTV in the past and it worked. I recently stripped the engine bay for paint and when I reinstalled it I used 3M urethane seam sealer.
Looks like someone hacked into it already and siliconed the bottom of a jug there for some reason?
0930DBDC-67AA-40A6-82AD-10E75A75B98D.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9