1997 Thunderbird 4.6; seen 20DEC23

I hope whoever did that to the console top got run over by the junkyard bulldozer, they’re too stupid to continue living.

It’s a sport package btw

I hope whoever did that to the console top

That part is almost always broken. Almost as if it's junkyard procedure to look under there, just like they always look under the rear seat for some reason. And since they never bother to remove the two screws forward of the armrest, they break the panel.

I hope whoever did that to the console top got run over by the junkyard bulldozer, they’re too stupid to continue living.
I shared similar thoughts with Martin in reaction to seeing this at a yard near me. The person who did this is a straight-up asshole and lazy dumbfuck because all they took was the center stack trim panel.

20231213_144519_HDR (Large).jpg

While I don't absolutely need another cluster surround, getting one in better shape than mine (broken and re-glued upper screw holes and rear fasteners, but outward facing surfaces look fine) is worth the trouble considering I have pristine extras of the black center stack and driver's door trim pieces.

Also, way to ruin a part that can fetch as much as $350. This dumbfuck didn't even have the intelligence to get it for himself to resell.

Last edited:
I would assume they're trying to release the shifter into neutral and doing so in the most destructive way possible.