Carbon Fiber Goodness!

Chandar8

1st Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
1995 Thunderbird, 4.6
Country flag
Throughout my travels of the internet and perusing the proverbial windows of the fine shops on here I have found many a thing, but today my dear thunderbird friends I have found carbon fiber and fiberglass body panels! I don't know how many of you guys have seen this stuff, but I thought it was neat and would like to share with you. Essentially every exterior panel for tbird from 83-95.

Edit: I forgot to add, there is a disappointing lack of rear quarter panels lol

If you have access to a good car, you can make a mold off an existing piece. You coat it with mold release, slop it with dense urethane foam, add a few layers ox epoxy and cf to strengthen it, You make a frame attached to the side of the car, that will sit flat after you peel it off. Then you can make your own qp sections. I've cast repair parts you wouldn't believe.

If you have access to a good car, you can make a mold off an existing piece. You coat it with mold release, slop it with dense urethane foam, add a few layers ox epoxy and cf to strengthen it, You make a frame attached to the side of the car, that will sit flat after you peel it off. Then you can make your own qp sections. I've cast repair parts you wouldn't believe.
We've got a donor in the garage. Someday maybe in the future

The CF is stronger, but it's exactly the same process. Use protective gear, the epoxy will break you out like poison ivy from hell, and fibers stuffed into your skin suck.
Cf looks much better.