Christmas lights

Irv

4th Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
Yes
Country flag
I haven't been into putting up holiday lighting over the years, but I've gotten into it in unconventional ways in the last few. I don't use much in the way of string lights because RGBW landscape lighting is the key to all my holiday and special occasion lighting. It's been the best decision I've made for exterior decorating because of how versatile they are.

I’ve also been planning to have the cars as part of the Christmas light display for some time because I have the Emergency Response Lexus Lightshow and the Daddy of the Mustangs and Audis, so I finally recorded and edited a video for it this year.

Unfortunately, I lost a 12' tall Hinoki cypress to a severe cold snap here last winter, so I had it replaced with a Blue Point spiral juniper this spring. I used to need two 50’ strings of lights, but this year it took only a single 25’ to circle the tree. It’ll take a few years for the spiral juniper to fill out so the string lights on it don't look like an afterthought.

One note I need to make is that the camera doesn't have the dynamic range to meter the brightness of the headlights and balance it better with the darker surrounding ambient lighting, but that is an LS 460 projector retrofit and not a glare factory in the slightest when seen in person.

That is fuckin' awesome! Mad respect!

Reactions: Irv