Coolant leak from back of Engine

I don’t see a lot of successful pi intake swaps on non pi intake heads. I’ve heard a lot about leaks, so I’m a bit worried. 5.0’s seems to have way more support than 4.6.
I'm not sure where you are getting your data from. This is a very common modification on NPI engines. Did you watch the video I linked? It takes you through it step by step. As mentioned, as long as you take your time and follow the directions it is pretty straight forward.

My car had the Ford recall NPI intake with aluminum crossover when I got it. Eventually the plastic coolant port under the aluminum cross over where the thermostat is went away and started leaking. I then installed a junkyard PI intake (make sure you check what you are getting, most of the Crown Vics had Dorman intakes on them). That lasted about 3 years before that heater hose nipple where yours is leaking broke. I now have a new Ford intake on there and it is fine. My only gripe with the swap the first time I did it was having to wait for the RTV to cure, but on this last round I used some Aisin AB1207B1 that sets up quickly, and by the time I was done putting the engine back together it was ready to go. I hear Permatex Right Stuff is also fast cure, but I've never used it.

I've done the pi swap on 2 cars, and never had a leak from it. I had leaks on the npi for various reasons, but no leaks on the pi intake. Only engine with pi heads came with one. :)

The brass fitting has no threads on it, trying to find a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Just got a steel thread pipe cut and installed on the manifold.

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
The manifold had a small crack on the top so the hose clamp should hold it in place and it has threads in it so it won’t leak.

Manifold may have cracked from over tightening ( NPT threads are tapered and the more you bury the threads the more likely it will split whatever you're threading into ) .. as long as you put a few wraps of Teflon Tape on the nipple you should be OK, but I would be looking into a replacement manifold if you plan on keeping this car for some time.

The mechanic doesn’t want to do a pi intake swap, so when it goes out I’ll be stuck with whatever is available for non pi engines.