Fuel pump wiring question

JacobM03

Vehicle Details
1992 Thunderbird Sport 5.0
Country flag
1992 tbird sport 5.0

Doing a Holley Sniper EFI 2 conversion and I am ripping out the stock ecu harness, I was wondering if there was any wires that went from the FP to the stock ECU and if it mattered that I unplug them while removing the ECU.

Also the new EFI requires a power connection to the fuel pump so should I just replace the current power switch wire that goes to the fuel pump relay with one that connects to the Sniper EFI?

Thanks in advance!

I'd be tempted to run new wires to the pump. Basically so you can do exactly what the EFI asked for.

Were you supercharging, or what is the reason for the aftermarket EFI?

I'd be tempted to run new wires to the pump. Basically so you can do exactly what the EFI asked for.

Were you supercharging, or what is the reason for the aftermarket EFI?
Yes the plan is to eventually have a blower on it thats why I went with the sniper.

I havent looked too deep into the EFI setup yet I just know it requires a positive to the fuel pump so I was wondering if I should just replace the wire that goes to the fuel pump relay/ inertia switch or just tap into the old wire that goes from ECU to the pump relay (if there is one from ecu to relay)

If you are upgrading the pump, it makes sense to upgrade the wiring as well.