Need a Thunderbird back glass... have a 95 Cougar with many good parts to trade...

GRWeldon

3rd Gear Poster
Country flag
I'm looking for a back glass for my 94 SC. Needs to have rear window defrost. I have a 95 XR7 with many good parts that I'd be willing to trade for. Engine and tranny are gone, radiator is gone. If you have a back glass and want to trade, let me know what you are looking for. It would help if I didn't have to drive over 200 miles to pick up the back glass but I do travel from Alabama to Michigan frequently so I COULD pick up/deliver along the way...

It's so difficult to get windows out that you might be better of having Safelite install a new one. They show they can do them for $400 for the heated model.

Welcome to owning a near classic. Just booked my windshield from them as no one else can get them.

It's so difficult to get windows out that you might be better of having Safelite install a new one. They show they can do them for $400 for the heated model.

Welcome to owning a near classic. Just booked my windshield from them as no one else can get them.
Thanks man. I've considered that route. I have a bit of metalwork that needs fixing just above the deck lid. If it were anything other than a 5-speed SC, I'd just cover it over with Duraglass since it's such a tiny spot. I might have to take it to a collision shop to fix it. If no metalwork were required, I'd have had Safelite fix it already. I'll find a low-dollar T-bird somewhere. I'm currently trying to get in touch with an owner who is selling one cheap with a slipping transmission. I also need other parts. Just figured I'd put a notice out here in case someone had one they wanted to get rid of.

I'm not new to owning a "near classic". I currently have 4 Thunderbirds on the property. I've had the SC since 2002.

I've seen a bunch of fords in the yards with engine fores, from disintegrating o-rings on the injectors. Ford reengineered them, and now they are blue and green, made of a material more resistant to alcohol. The change in gas in 92 used an additive that was toxic, so alcohol was used instead. Alcohol eats buna-n rubber, so fires.
If you dink with injectors, get the right orings, and change them out.

https://theinjectorshop.com/ IIRC, green on top, blue on bottom, but check. None deals with liquid, one with vapor, so different.
A #10 machine screw removes the filters fairly easily, they won't be reusable, lol. All the ones I refurbed were full of black slime from the fuel lines. :(
The green tops I bought that had been on several member's cars,were so clogged they barely flowed. It's a wonder they didn't eat an engine.
They don't know that a 96 bird came with a 4.6, so skip the car lookup, lol.