RetroBird Truck

supergordo

Staff member
Birdcats Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Vehicle Details
1995 Ford Thunderbird LX No Engine No Trans
Country flag
I took these pictures in December of 2010. Not a warm time of year even in Las Vegas. I always get a chuckle out of these.
1695828071109.png
1695828087369.png

And people say they NEED pickups and SUVs for this sort of thing. This guy knows how to have his cake and eat it too!

Thats so funny!

I go to Costco far too much and sometimes I go inside and buy stuff and then come back out to the parking lot and realize I forgot when I was inside which car I brought. The Thunderbird is not the best vehicle for a Costco run. I have completely filled it up though. Although I probably should not admit this, one time I had to immediately turn around and go to the return counter to return two garbage cans.

🖖

I have the rear seat out of Lazarus, because I still am working on the bodywork, 20 years after I totalled it. :) I found out that a 10' piece of copper, or 2x4, will go in from the front pass side floorboard to the trunk lid. Just like it was made to do that, lol.

That's awful!

Costco... man. The one I go to is so hostile and its every man for himself in there. Those massive carts will tailgate you, cars will honk at other cars in the huge line at the gas station. The speed bumps are just plastic rectangles. We're all on a mission to get home quickly and safely, ridiculous

Things I have fit (separately) in the Thunderbird:
  • New-in-box 19" CRT monitor
  • 35-gallon recycling roll cart
  • Aluminum 5.5' ladder
  • Lexus GS roof drip rails
  • Thunderbird rear bumper cover
As for Costco, I used to work at an office that was very close to one, so I would go after work and never deal with any lines, foot traffic, or parking lot madness.

Technically, I could still do the same now at my current job with my company headquarters being very close to a different Costco location, but I primarily work from home, so I just get the Costco weekend chaos experience now.

I fit a Shelter Logic 24'x13'x10' portable garage in the trunk, rear seat area of my 97 Cougar. It was when I was working on getting the fold down in and had the seat removed. It fit fine trunk closed.

I have the rear seat out of Lazarus, because I still am working on the bodywork, 20 years after I totalled it. :) I found out that a 10' piece of copper, or 2x4, will go in from the front pass side floorboard to the trunk lid. Just like it was made to do that, lol.

Funny you mention that, because I did the same thing in the 97 when I was doing the basement. 2x4s too - no seat removal required, just fold-down rears. :)

20190627_203736.jpg
20190809_183230.jpg

Folding back seat Im guessing is a mod

Mod for a LX, stock in a leather seat SC