SHOCK tower bar interest

@dDUBb hey that’s a cool tool! Would be a great tool in the arsenal. The welder did come with .030 I’ll be sure to grab that thinner size. From my previous welds this flux welder isn’t nearly as clean looking, but I have seen YouTube guys with the cheapy flux welder I have doing great looking stuff, obviously this is somebody with experience behind it. I wanted to try and weld back together the lil metal thing where the v brace bolts to on bottom. Mine came loose.

Here’s a picture of a mk8 shock tower, they are in the same spot that in the thunderbird only have like an indent where that weld goes.
IMG_2018.jpeg

Also I came across this newer Lexus at a body shop during work, lo and behold what do I see?? To me, might be hard headed but it just continues to affirm that the fender braces do work.
The only way to confirm is to try it. And I do believe my welding skills are “good” enough on thicker gauge to be able to weld up some .125 1” square tube just like the pictures I’ve posted earlier.
IMG_4487.jpeg

That is there to reinforce the cabin during frontal impact, causing the upper trail to absorb the impact. If our cars flexed in that area you'd see a huge gap at the bottom front of the door/ fender over time.

Why not go with something that goes around the front like JL did with his, no issues with hood clearance either. ;)

Joe
I have JLs shock tower brace and needed a little cut on my 95 hood. He said it fits on a 96/97 hood and there is plenty of space with my 96 ram hood.
RIP Johnny