What did you do with your Thunderbird Today?

Why trunk in = transmission? I can’t think of a single thing I did in a garage that I didn’t have the car front in for

Going by the title of your suspension thread at TSTSNBN, you know the answer.

Not really, not anymore.

I need to make just a build thread here and port over all those threads and images I posted on the dead site.

Why trunk in = transmission? I can’t think of a single thing I did in a garage that I didn’t have the car front in for

The way my garage is setup. Whatever side of the car is pushed up against the wall, I don't have sufficient space to get at unless my car is partially out of the garage.

As this build is expected to take a month or two, having my garage partially open is a no go. So the side that is at the garage door, will be the side will be worked on.

PXL_20240309_024037565.NIGHT.jpg

Well, the transmission makes the car mobile @CDsDontBurn ...

This. Right. Here.

Anybody know what is the diameter of the rack and pinion bolt?

Might try and make some solid bushings just need the bolt diameter. Have a set of maximum motorsports solids for all mustangs, but the bolt hole is way too small.

Hole diameter of the stock sleeves are .66”, so probably a M16 bolt

Mustangs are the wrong source unless you modified them(which should be doable with the MM ones), Pintos use the same exact bushings and sleeves we use

Anybody know what is the diameter of the rack and pinion bolt?

Might try and make some solid bushings just need the bolt diameter. Have a set of maximum motorsports solids for all mustangs, but the bolt hole is way too small.

Walter told me once the play I was bitching about was a.1mm play in an inner tie rod, lol. I had swapped everything else, lol. I took it to him as a last resort,

Hole diameter of the stock sleeves are .66”, so probably a M16 bolt

Mustangs are the wrong source unless you modified them(which should be doable with the MM ones), Pintos use the same exact bushings and sleeves we use
I got these for 40$ a lil while ago, tried to install and unfortunately our bolt is a lot more massive than the mustang ones.

so our bolts are .66” thick?? Next time I hit that shop I’ll hand em over with the size of the bolt hole needed. Thanks!

Changed my front pads on my 97.found out the drivers side bottom caliber pin was stuck... Lots of Pb blaster and a good bit of brute force and ignorance later I got it out cleaned it up, some anti-seize and good to go. So I did the other 3 like that while I was at it...