What did you do with your Thunderbird Today?

I just test drove the hybrid Maverick. It was fantastic! Smooth and decent power.
That’s what I ordered last July. I’ve got a build week of nov 6. They say a good 4-6 weeks after I might see it. Hopefully by Xmas. I’ve got a second order in too maybe deliver that in spring I’ll trade this one in on that. Same truck just first is xlt second is lariat.

Replaced my heater hoses this morning. Last week the hose to manifold decided to rupture while I was shifting into second at 6K. Let out a really nice "redneck James Bond" smoke show behind me. :ROFLMAO:

I bought some overpriced heavy duty hose, metal fittings, and stainless clamps. Really don't want that to happen again.

PXL_20230924_151353849.jpg

I drove most of the day, which I dont usually do. Good session. The first half of the day was pouring rain, so at that point I realized that roundabouts are a bit overrated

Hitting a country road, I turned OD back on while I was accelerating and finally got a new check engine light. Went home and grabbed scan gauge II.

The codes were P0420 (Classic, always comes and goes). And P1433. Any idea about 1433? Google gives me mixed answers. I cleared the codes and only P0420 came back on. It had been a good stretch of about 3-4 months with no engine light

I have the stock CD player. I hit enough rough road for it to eject the CD on error. The CD was hot to the touch, normal? The scan gauge also eventually become hot to the touch.

Once the roads dried up, I beat some new audi suv to the speed limit. They're probably too heavy. Somewhere after 50mph I probably would have lost.

He says in his best Al Czervik voice "Oh it looks good on you though" ;)

Actually it doesn't look bad

Last edited:
I didn't even notice it on your car, but the early cougar looks like a Charlie Chaplin stache.

I know someone with a brand new 91-93 grille, that would look real nice...

I don't think anybody would notice except for the few forum members here. 🤔

I think it's pretty cool!

See what I did?

Hint the 70 XR-7 has it too

Have you considered blacking all the center out, or even the entire grill? Might look good de-chromed.

I've tried them all, I prefer sticking primarily to the factory look. All black looks like an actual Hitler stash lol blacked out fins make it look like a BMW imitator :BMW:

I've tried them all, I prefer sticking primarily to the factory look. All black looks like an actual Hitler stash lol blacked out fins make it look like a BMW imitator :BMW:
Speaking of which, you left out an idea. :ROFLMAO:

bmw_3_pcs_grill_3_gt_1.jpg