1997 Cougar 4.6; seen 29NOV23

Since you like to junk yard crawl, I’d like some of the door panel fabric. I don’t care what color, I just want it for the pattern so I can cut some new stuff as mine have peeled off.

Since you like to junk yard crawl, I’d like some of the door panel fabric. I don’t care what color, I just want it for the pattern so I can cut some new stuff as mine have peeled off.

I can actually do better than that. I have a pair of the liner under the fabric. All you have to do it apply new fabric to the liner, then install onto your door.

The fabric alone doesn't work well for what you're trying to do. It's extremely stretchy.

I'll PM you.

One of the worst parts about those Bostonian Presidential Brougham Houstonian Landau Special Edition tops

As I think more about the various thus uglified cars of the past and their respective badging, I realize that the word that offends me the most in their names is Edition.

The word sort of suggests a faux officialness, as if this was an actual Ford sanctioned edition of the car. Ugh.

As I think more about the various thus uglified cars of the past and their respective badging, I realize that the word that offends me the most in their names is Edition.

The word sort of suggests a faux officialness, as if this was an actual Ford sanctioned edition of the car. Ugh.

I agree, anything edition it just makes me think of tacky car salesmen, even ford’s anniversaries are simply just that, no edition.

I never could bring myself to installing these, my car is special though 🥴

Attachments

• IMG_4678.jpeg
    IMG_4678.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
1995_Ford_Thunderbird_LX_40th_Anniversary_Edition_profile.JPG

40thsticker.png

Well, the 40th Anniversary Thunderbird was a $795 dealer package and the decal does say "Edition" on it, but it looked more official than the '97 Limited Edition because dealers slapped LE onto any '97 indiscriminately, including base models with the fewest options.

I think every 40th is a V8, or at least I haven't seen any evidence otherwise. There must have been some rules in place because no dealers put it on an SC. It was not a factory model like the 35th Anniversary SC though.