Brand new, to me, bird!

Chandar8

1st Gear Poster
Vehicle Details
1995 Thunderbird, 4.6
Country flag
Good afternoon guys! Just got a new bird today and I am gonna try and do a few things to here soon but I'd like to show it off. A few of you might even recognize this particular carreceived_707012781480664.jpegreceived_343408381603007.jpegreceived_273648005128580.jpegreceived_1112752683464032.jpegreceived_345655218005927.jpeg

Looks familiar, nice find! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it!:)

Joe

Lazarus is a cheese grater. I need to get a stud welder.

Single exhaust?

Joe

Hmmm. I've seen that before, in traffic. Which cars had that?

Looks familiar, nice find! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it!:)

Joe
A former member on tccoa sold it to me earlier today, it is a single exhaust. Previous owner said straight pipe with resonator. Doesn't sound the worst in the world.

I think all in all I am going to do a lot of learning on this car in welding and body fab areas trying to scratch my itch for power and hoonigan esque burnouts.

Bullet for an antenna and bullet holes in the quarter, nice!
I figure for the quarter I'm going to try my hand at fiber glass work and see if I can make over fenders for the car.

Honestly the best part of this car was the fact a plug wire had either fallen off or had not been reinstalled and I drove it 40 minutes home like that and still ran pretty decent. Not great, mind you, but got to highway speed. Reconnected it and did a little donut, as a treat.

Donut??!! Pics or it didn't happen!!!:uppoint::zbench:

Whats up with the radio?? Touchscreen??

If you can weld, you can go to the j and cut a skin, and just replace that. There's a second layer underneath that makes it a bitch to pound out.

Interesting car. What is the story behind the bullet holes? Your neighbors must love seeing it parked on their street. :ROFLMAO:

Interesting car. What is the story behind the bullet holes? Your neighbors must love seeing it parked on their street. :ROFLMAO:
Those are poorly executed slide hammer pulls. Someone thought that they were a body man..

So when my young son sent me the marketplace listing for the car, the picture was almost the same as the avatar on TSTSNBN. So a light bulb went off in my head. I scrolled the listing and the sellers name was Scott. It really made me laugh. I just knew it was that car, and the same guy.

This post from the previous owner still makes me chuckle. Made me howl when he gave my very constructive reply the angry face reaction :rofl:

1699114984591.png

If you can weld, you can go to the j and cut a skin, and just replace that. There's a second layer underneath that makes it a bitch to pound out.
Unfortunately I can't really. The idea was basically racecar and drift type stuff, where I've got rivnuts to attach the whole thing as an over fender. I know I'm gonna beat on the car a bit, bit in a loving caring way lol

I hooned mine for years; totalled it, rebuilt it, totalled it again, and rebuilt it again. :) It needs an engine, so I'm either building one or buying one. :) My version of "Race, break fix,"lol.

I hooned mine for years; totalled it, rebuilt it, totalled it again, and rebuilt it again. :) It needs an engine, so I'm either building one or buying one. :) My version of "Race, break fix,"lol.
I don't know how to drift either so I'm going to have a buddy who can weld help me with a cage, found a 400$ mild steel drop in 10 point cage and we're going to stiffen that up by tying some tube to the front towers for when I inevitably hit a wall pretty hard. I want to hoon the car, not destroy the car.

Sup Chander,

Just picked up a 93 SC and I'm also located in Vegas. My car is still on the stands though haha. Good luck on your build!

Mr Chandar8 stopped by tonight and I got my first look at the New IcedTea Tbird. Someone made a horribke homemade HOT air intake. And they eliminated the cats AND all the oxygen sensors….
We did clean the maf and actually seat the plug wires on the plugs and it actually runs alot better! Despite not having oxygen sensors.

So we need to get the exhaust fixed up, get O2 sensors back in. Probably revert to stock air cleaner assembly. And they necked down the air tube to the IAC valve to 3/8” hose. They also left the left side valve cover breather unconnected to anything. Either way there is a basket full of dumb stuff to fix up.