Classifieds and Auctions Thread

Vicinity

Stock CD Player
Birdcats Supporter
Vehicle Details
96 4.6 LX, 98 LSC
Country flag
The Used Market. The good, the bad and the ugly. These links will expire.

The uncanny bird is still for sale, and 1,000 dollars cheaper

Birds around here aren't selling as quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
The topic missed you!
Considering that the police have been, erm, busy - I wonder how long I could go driving around with Classic plates (no 200 dollar registration fees) without being hassled. "Oh, I'm heading to a cars and coffee"

You'd have to be a real jerk to argue that the '64 isnt a historic piece. The real problem is that classic plates are orange/yellow

60 with the triple afterburner taillights and 430 for me! Plate restrictions vary, here enforcement seems lenient if not non existent but I haven’t gotten them yet. I’ve heard some states won’t let you get AV plates if the car has any modifications at all

60 with the triple afterburner taillights and 430 for me! Plate restrictions vary, here enforcement seems lenient if not non existent but I haven’t gotten them yet. I’ve heard some states won’t let you get AV plates if the car has any modifications at all
Oh sure, with Cassandra Peterson driving it. She's still a total babe.

Not sure how I feel about the livery but I do love that twist
1695412728314.png

I'd like to own this one.

Ironically I've been looking into mustangs for the wife 65-67's mostly for a complete body and title.

Last edited:

I'd like to own this one.
I saw that one last night, that's my favorite factory MN12 made right there, 91 XR7s were the most unique Cougar package since the early 70s. My screen name is a take off of the 'XR7 5.0 liter' script in the side moldings

If I could get a full set of side moulding I'd run them.

If I could get a full set of side moulding I'd run them.

The front fender and door pieces are easy enough to find since they're the same as 92-93 Tbird LX, the quarter ones are the unique ones. 91-92 XR7s have the embossed lettering, 92 Tbirds have a chrome strip and 93 Tbirds have it smoothed over.

I dont see those interiors too often, looks great. Didn't know they had a hand brake

Yep those 91 XR7s are literally an auto supercoupe in the core package but with the 5.0 instead of the 3.8SC. 92 XR7s still had the SC ARC suspension, 16” wheels monochromatic paint and other than the wheel style looked like the 91 but the SC seats and handbrake were gone and had woodgrain inserts, still plushier than a 92 LS but basically was the same interior as the 93 Cougars which were all XR7s(in name only)

I get a kick out of seeing this in a showroom setting

I know how much you guys like the retro kits

What kind of rims would go with this color?

Atlantic side XR7

I get a kick out of seeing this in a showroom setting

I know how much you guys like the retro kits

What kind of rims would go with this color?

Atlantic side XR7

I unironically like that 70 as a ratty street machine, but you could sell me a 19th century ox cart if you throw on a set of slot mags!

Silver looks best with chrome wheels IMO

The second head unit appears to be a slave CD player, which funny enough there was a factory option for in that year range in the same spot. I've been into these cars long enough now where those early Non-SC kitted Tbirds are looking really sharp, only letdown is the 3.8 but that can be fixed, you never see base(not even LX) models that clean!

That's pretty cool. Did Ford say "aeh lets just make it a toothpick holder" when they removed the handbrake?

That's pretty cool. Did Ford say "aeh lets just make it a toothpick holder" when they removed the handbrake?
Probably, yes haha

I have always heard through some credible sources that the “sunglasses holder” on the 89-90 dashboards was a last minute stand in for a passenger side airbag. Ford had a unique way of turning a deleted feature into a different silly feature.

They're there but you have to click a link in the ad

The paint looks original and is mint, laser red fades even in rainy climates normally, even the red on the reverse lenses is intact so its definitely got a lot going for it. I'm gnashing my teeth with that $12,000 figure but if you REALLY wanted a laser red V8 Cougar, you're not going to do much better, any other one you find will need a repaint to look that good.

Am I crazy though, or do I see rust bubbling under the shock tower fingers n the passenger side??? Its clean everywhere else but it looks lumpy there

Surprised its not twice that amount from that seller. They always scoop up the super clean ones

I can’t read a damn word of this and it’s probably been melted down into a tank to help “the cause” but this is cool, 5.0 car, love the plum color, someone even swapped in SC seats and side moldings

1695840779284.jpeg
1695840863446.jpeg

Looks like it's on stilts too. Probably to clear those damn truck tires in the last pic.

Here's a Google translation:
Seller's comment
The car was imported into the Russian Federation in 1996 and cleared through customs correctly, the documents are clean. It was registered as a legal entity, then re-registered as an individual: in fact, there are two owners in the Russian Federation (according to documents - 3). Most of the time it sat in the garage.
A rare modification with the 5.0 engine from the Ford Mustang, which was installed on the limited edition Ford Thunderbird. The best engine in terms of power and reliability ratio in the line (with it acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 9 seconds, maximum speed over 200 km/h, consumption in the city within 20 liters, on the highway about 10 liters. AI- 92). According to documents, the power is 140 hp.
An American classic with a V8, rear-wheel drive and fully independent suspension, it gives an incomparable driving experience.
The condition of the car is excellent. The body is free of corrosion and rust. Everything is working. Behind the car

The guy that owned that car used to be on the forums. The car was originally a V6, and I remember him buying a 5.0 donor to swap it out.
Oh yeah I remember that guy, that car was plum! It really does look like a factory 5.0 car though, the V8 emblems are in the correct spot, it's got the correct for 91-92(and fairly hard to find) 6 gauge cluster with the fuel gauge on the top. Could have been added though. I wish there were pics of the engine bay, that would give some real clues

How in the heck did you find that one??
I regularly search USA craigslist with: Thunderbird, XR7, mark viii, and tbird. Sometimes Canada will show up as I am so close, but the Federation?? LOL!!
It's one of those things that showed up after you click a pic in a google image and another pic in a google image lol