Classifieds and Auctions Thread

If anyone is interested, this is only 8 miles from me. I'd be willing to go check out for you. Seems high to me, but I'm not a 4.6 guy.

Ok, that didn't come over in English😆. It's an Edelbrock victor jr. 4.6 intake with a bbk 78 mm throttle body and mmr fuel rails.

If anyone is interested, this is only 8 miles from me. I'd be willing to go check out for you. Seems high to me, but I'm not a 4.6 guy.

Ok, that didn't come over in English😆. It's an Edelbrock victor jr. 4.6 intake with a bbk 78 mm throttle body and mmr fuel rails.
A stock PI intake with a stock plenum/tb on a stock to moderate 4.6 will be faster than one with that setup. You 5.0 guys think 4.6s are torqueless, imagine chopping 8-10" out of each intake runner!

Probably why it's for sale lol

Last edited:
A stock PI intake with a stock plenum/tb on a stock to moderate 4.6 will be faster than one with that setup. You 5.0 guys think 4.6s are torqueless, imagine chopping 8-10" out of each intake runner!

Probably why it's for sale lol
It would need aggressive cams to work properly, for sure. And a good set of heads would also really be needed. Then, convertor, gears, etc.

That looks like BaT quality. Maybe the seller didn't want to do a lot of writing or take more photos.

That looks like BaT quality. Maybe the seller didn't want to do a lot of writing or take more photos.
BaT actually comes out and does all the photos and ad writing if your car is worthy enough for their site.

That's a very nice car. To bad it didn't have a factory spoiler. Something about that color that seems to need something back there.

I'm almost certain I saw that very car at an all Thunderbird show several years ago, the trophies all but prove it.

Last edited:
I think I've only seen a T-Bird like that once..............which was enough! :facepalm:

Joe

That sticker was on all of them, most were peeled off but every now and then I find a console top with the sticker still there. If it were a Canadian market car it should have a 200Kph speedometer and DRLs(lights on when running, which it seems to be for the photoshoot).

The extremely chalky looking paint is what catches my eye, it looks like it was run through a sandblaster. Someone swapped on 89-92 wheels as well for some reason

That sticker was on all of them, most were peeled off but every now and then I find a console top with the sticker still there. If it were a Canadian market car it should have a 200Kph speedometer and DRLs(lights on when running, which it seems to be for the photoshoot).

The extremely chalky looking paint is what catches my eye, it looks like it was run through a sandblaster. Someone swapped on 89-92 wheels as well for some reason
I noticed how dull it was too. It seems so uniform I wondered if it was repainted matte.
matte.jpg

@1997ThunderbirdLXV6

I noticed how dull it was too. It seems so uniform I wondered if it was repainted matte.
View attachment 1200
Repainted with a roller😜. But seriously, the badges are still there. How did it get so evenly dull?! Wouldn't the cladding have had the chrome strips, or were some body color?

Imagine renewing that listing every week 104 times on and still saying to yourself "this time!"🤞

Related this guy's been trying to sell this 91-92 reflector panel for at least 3 years, and I'm pretty sure he actually has increased the price since I first saw it. Just hang it in your man cave dude.

Maybe its their last connection to their MN12 and they just cant let go.

Some people think the abbreviation "N.O.S." is short for "gold-plated diamonds".

On the tail lamps, I have found the opposite. When I bought mine, the driver's side tail lamp was busted. I could find OE passenger's side LX tail lamps all day long for $30-40 without trying. SC/96-97 lamps were also plentiful for both sides. I could not find any driver's side LX lamps to save my life. Ended up finding one and had to pay about $50 for it.

At some point, you have to cut your losses and let it go for what it's actually worth. These parts aren't rare enough to name your price. Even if they were, who actually needs it? People who can afford it also know to not trash their own, so who does that leave? Accident victims and people who have some custom lighting idea they know will work and want it inside of a new assembly. Both of them are also just as likely to go with a gently used part, so you still don't have a captive buying audience.

Sure, you can wait for the right buyer, but your part isn't going to appreciate in value enough to make up for the time lost in having it locked in a item that isn't legal tender. NOS parts aren't good investments.

Last edited:
Especially for parts your potential customers are not likely to ever *need* replacing. Tbird LED panels are one thing since they do go bad and the repair is pretty invasive, but corners and Cougar reflector panels? There's a small segment of us who might try mix and matching for customization purposes but I couldn't give a crap if its NOS or has 200k miles when it's a part like that that doesn't degrade.

At some point, you have to cut your losses and let it go for what it's actually worth. These parts aren't rare enough to name your price. Even if they were, who actually needs it? People who can afford it also know to not trash their own, so who does that leave? Accident victims and people who have some custom lighting idea they know will work and want it inside of a new assembly. Both of them are also just as likely to go with a gently used part, so you still don't have a captive buying audience.

Sure, you can wait for the right buyer, but your part isn't going to appreciate in value enough to make up for the time lost in having it locked in a item that isn't legal tender. NOS parts aren't good investments.
Case in point.