Post a picture you took today

1707943340433.png

I took a gamble for $75 and bought a low mile factory radio from a new Ebay user. Seller said he took it out 2 weeks after he bought the car new. It showed up in mint shape and is not theft locked! They are hard to find this nice, this helps make up for all the times I've been ripped off on Ebay.

Did an "aux input" mod which required some careful soldering, but the end result is factory radio that sounds really good. Just need to mount the panel jack somewhere now. It also came with a free backstreet boys cd loaded in it. lol:headbang:

Re the rickroll pic above; I think this group is the only ones I ever got with that meme. We were talking about someone, l and I slid it in as a link. I think that was the year it was a macy's float, lol.

Yeah i understand. The at home treatment was more or less a last resort he was going to be euthanized the next morning if he didnt clear up. I was in a financial corner not having the money for surgery and just wanted to try something. I apoligize for the claim but i agree with your point. Its not something i would advise before going to the vet, and i cannot prove that it made him unblock. The main distrust with the specific vet i went to was lack of information. The vet i go to now has given me just about every tool i need to take care of his issues at home, and i just like the extra mile some people go to. Prior vet basically handed me a bag of dry kibble and said he needs to eat this for the rest of his life, and the crystals came back.
Here's some stuff she sent me now that she's home:

She says it sounds like the cat is probably suffering from FIC, in which case the bladder would have healed itself after a few days (frankly, she said the vinegar had nothing to do with it). Higher fluid intake is good for that because it dilutes the urine etc. But she did say there are a lot of things that it could be. She gave me this: https://www.vet.cornell.edu/departm...lth-topics/feline-lower-urinary-tract-disease

How to find a holistic vet: Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine, American Veterinary Chiropractic Association, American Journal of Traditional Veterinary Chinese Medicine

Also american holistic vet association: https://www.ahvma.org/

Pet food blog run by several board certified veterinary nutritionists: https://vetnutrition.tufts.edu/petfoodology/

Other name for FIC is "pandora syndrome" - see this article https://todaysveterinarypractice.com/urology-renal-medicine/pandora-syndrome-in-cats/

Thanks, B. I appreciate the info. It really killed me when /trouble died; I took him to the vet, he was totally blocked, and the surgery was too late, he was euthanized instead.

Here's some stuff she sent me now that she's home:

She says it sounds like the cat is probably suffering from FIC, in which case the bladder would have healed itself after a few days (frankly, she said the vinegar had nothing to do with it). Higher fluid intake is good for that because it dilutes the urine etc. But she did say there are a lot of things that it could be. She gave me this: https://www.vet.cornell.edu/departm...lth-topics/feline-lower-urinary-tract-disease

How to find a holistic vet: Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine, American Veterinary Chiropractic Association, American Journal of Traditional Veterinary Chinese Medicine

Also american holistic vet association: https://www.ahvma.org/

Pet food blog run by several board certified veterinary nutritionists: https://vetnutrition.tufts.edu/petfoodology/

Other name for FIC is "pandora syndrome" - see this article https://todaysveterinarypractice.com/urology-renal-medicine/pandora-syndrome-in-cats/
His blockage was caused by crystal development which i came to accept was my fault for only feeding them dry food. He has never had flare ups or anything, but i guess i wouldnt be suprised if he did have FIC. I do know for sure the recent issue was caused by crystals though, and while vinegar wont cure a uti, or do all the stuff some claim it would.. there is some science to it dizzolving mucus/ debris because its acidic. I would defenitly reccomend it in small amounts prior to an issue but yeah it defenitly wouldnt of worked fast enough to help him if he couldnt unblock.

Hes been eating friskies extra gravy chicken wet food (only chicken flavor because it has less ash/ magnesium) and i basically take a can of that dump it in his bowl and then fill half the can up with water and dump it in. Im having to clean the litter box a lot more but there wasnt any crystals in his urine last urinalysis. His ph was still higher than id like it to be at 7.5 ph but for reference he was at 8.5 ph with lots of crystal development on dry food. Id say water is really the most important factor. Reiner doesnt like to drink very much even with a fountain and 2 bowls that always have fresh and clean water :/ for now mixing in water into his food seems to be doing well but long term gotta get mr kitty to drink more

Whipped up a harness bar for the dune buggy and burned it in today. No more worry of spinal compression in an accident due to incorrect shoulder harness mounting.

View attachment 3929
View attachment 3930

Plowed a little snow and pulled the kid around on the sled after that. Nice little Friday, if I may say so.

View attachment 3931
View attachment 3932View attachment 3933View attachment 3934View attachment 3935

Very nice! I've seen so many harness bars on the internet mounted absurdly low I can never help but think they're trading one serious injury for another even more serious injury!

I hate snow but only because I don't have any cool toys, that looks fun!

Making room for my Honda to go in the garage. She'll be in there probably tomorrow or Wednesday. She's going to be getting lots of TLC and be back on the road by Sunday.

The drywall is the only problem at this point. Just need to figure out where it's going to go. Dad says he wants it, but because of rain, it's not going anywhere until Saturday.

PXL_20240219_225217515.jpg

Then there are these windows I need to get rid of. Selling them for $400, but nobody wants them.

Once the windows, drywall, and some of the stuff in the very far back is gone, I'll have the room needed to roll in the T-Bird into the garage!

PXL_20240219_225231499.jpg

There's nothing like trying to get rid of shit that for some reason we all thought we needed at one time or another! :zboom:

My wife has been after me about getting the cellar cleaned up. Basically I need do a better job of consolidating and organizing then throw everything else out! Might be a thread going in the Parts for Sale forum soon! :nod:

Joe

Does your local church/kids school/work community have a "buy nothing" group? In my experience, These are useful for unloading old stuff or old kids stuff with less chances of having to deal with flakes because of the community link.

As far as unloading used windows goes, I've had success selling mine for decent money to people looking for old windows as a basis for art (old SF style windows with sash lugs and antique single pane glass). Now that I think about it, I also sold some less cool looking windows to someone looking to DIY a greenhouse so I suspect your more modern windows may still sell if you find the right buyer.

Donate the windows to Habitat for Humanity and write them off for $400 or more as a charitable contribution.

Does your local church/kids school/work community have a "buy nothing" group? In my experience, These are useful for unloading old stuff or old kids stuff with less chances of having to deal with flakes because of the community link.

As far as unloading used windows goes, I've had success selling mine for decent money to people looking for old windows as a basis for art (old SF style windows with sash lugs and antique single pane glass). Now that I think about it, I also sold some less cool looking windows to someone looking to DIY a greenhouse so I suspect your more modern windows may still sell if you find the right buyer.

The windows are brand new. One is still NIB unopened. The other was a partial install. The partial install window was where we discovered that the order for the window was wrong and had to reorder the windows.

The NIB window.
PXL_20231119_224313976.jpg

The partial install window.
PXL_20231119_223500996.jpg

One of four holes that make it a partial install.
PXL_20231119_223601495.jpg

Donate the windows to Habitat for Humanity and write them off for $400 or more as a charitable contribution.

This. This might be a good idea!

After talking it out with the wife, we have come up with a game plan for these windows:

The larger window will be used to replace the window in the kitchen. The kitchen window is currently wider and shorter than this NIB window, so minor re-farming and stucco work will need to be done.

PXL_20240221_060346951.jpg

The smaller window, we decided to get another identical one to it and use it in the master bedroom. There, we will be completely removing the existing bedroom window and placing this window and the identical purchase in a manner where they are on either side of the bed. Re-framing and stucco work will be somewhat major here.

PXL_20240221_060707411.jpg

Between these two projects, the kitchen one will be done first the bedroom one will be the next big energy efficiency renovation. The kitchen window project will be done probably late spring.

Oh, and the garage is ready to receive the Honda. It'll be getting parked in there tomorrow.

PXL_20240221_005331416.jpg

It has been a week. The Edge died today on the interstate in Atlanta.

Won't move under its own power and it smells like a clutch is on fire.

Attachments

• FECBFB4E-0DD2-47BD-90E1-A62631674E19.png
    FECBFB4E-0DD2-47BD-90E1-A62631674E19.png
    300 KB · Views: 12
  • 0FF6E98C-632D-45B0-92D3-307F54EE2B1A.jpeg
    0FF6E98C-632D-45B0-92D3-307F54EE2B1A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • 3F39DE94-F918-4416-A531-B406C0E0F0A6.png
    3F39DE94-F918-4416-A531-B406C0E0F0A6.png
    337.8 KB · Views: 11
  • E15B610D-5A77-41AE-AF3F-BCD1CE7DBDE6.png
    E15B610D-5A77-41AE-AF3F-BCD1CE7DBDE6.png
    334.3 KB · Views: 12
2.0T EcoBoost and the 8-speed autotragic with AWD.

This one has lived a very hard life. It's my company vehicle and it has been treated as such at times. I really need a traditional 4x4, but once again, company vehicle.

My great nephew blew a piston of the side of his ecoboost last week. Bummer for sure.

Is it the transmission or the PTU that's in need of repair?

Transmission. It's a case of PNNN on the shifter at the moment.

Today is my third day working on this shitter fan bitch. It was supposed to be "an easy afternoon project" that's turned into a 3 day nightmare. For this project, I've had to do three attic crawls and three Home Depot trips. All that and I'm still not done. Part of the issues here were that
  • The old shitter fan and new shitter fan housings were different sizes, 4" x 6" (old) vs 7-1/2" x 7-1/2" (new)
  • Old fan is nailed in place by support bars which are nailed UNDER the drywall. I had to get my angle grinder for that one
  • The new fan is 4" exhaust vent and the old one was 3" exhaust vent
  • Direction of exhaust vent placement to line up with vent on roof has fan's wires furthest away from power wire cable.
    • Required me to install a gang box to extend cables to new fan's wires
I need to do some sanding and remove the large burrs before applying the last skim coat. Then I can move on to painting. Once painted, I can then do the last step of placing the cover on and calling it done.

Attachments

• PXL_20240223_070836954.jpg
    PXL_20240223_070836954.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
I took this photo 2-1/2 weeks ago as I was going into a client building. It sounded really unique so it immediately caught my attention, so I snapped a photo when I saw the configuration. I vaguely recalled "flying" an aircraft like that in my MSFS days, but only looked it up to see if I could ID it today.

1708724536602.png

1708724659150.jpeg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_Starship Apparently out of 53 made, only half a dozen are flying. Dang!