Post a picture you took today

People who zip on lug nuts with an impact deserve
Finally got the last lug nut off the jeep. I broke 3 adapters and a breaker bar.
View attachment 4176

Overtorqued or one of those stupid sleeved lugnuts? Both? Never fun, I hate beancounters and every pipsqueak "tech" with an air tool.

One of these things is not like the other …

This is my BRAND NEW Ford edge rental with only 600 miles on it. I dropped it off at the local dealership this morning and told them about it, asked for a full suspension inspection and an alignment. This one must have been built around the time the UAW was on strike last year.

IMG_8745.jpegIMG_8747.jpeg

Last edited:
OK, the gap under the nut. I gotcha. Seems like that would rattle like hell; I don't see how stuff like that makes it past a check ride.

OK, on the today show yesterday They had people born on the 29th, and the older guy said to the younger girl, "you don't look a day over12" to the 60 year old girl. He was 20, lol.

The right toe link is not fully seated. It needs to be tightened and torqued down. That and the alignment is a mess. To track straight the steering wheel is turned about 20 degrees to the right.

Got the Edge back last night. When I showed up at the stealership service desk the reception lady indicated that he was out with the vehicle for a test drive. She then asked me how I'd like to pay, cash, credit, etc.? I looked at her and said "I don't owe you a dime, this is warranty work."
:zbash:
She said Oh, ok. went back into her office and closed the ticket out.

The mechanic, who I spoke with after he returned from the test drive, indicated that the nut on that toe link was only hand tight. :eek:Yikes! He said he also rotated the tires and checked the balance on them. He said the tires were already worn even though the vehicle has only 600 miles on it because the alignment was so bad.

Tightening that toe link, plus an alignment and it's as tight - and straight - now as it should be. It's worth mentioning that when I asked the mechanic his name - because I always like to thank people by name - he told me "I go by Dirt. (As he pulled his shirt over to show me that his embroidered name tag indeed said "Dirt" on it.)

You just know you were in good hands when your mechanic's name is Dirt! :rofl:

Dirt.jpg

There's a tire place here with a guy they call "dirty". I've never seen him clean, except once as he got out of the river at one of the big parties. I think that was when we did the Pig. In a pit, with hickory. :)

I’ve gone to the Chicago air show a couple times, and was once in the city when either the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds were doing their practice runs, which was right between buildings which was awesome. I live right underneath O hare and Schaumburg airports flight path so I actually see a lot of the planes and helicopters featured right from the backyard the week prior, actually a better view than at the show.
I grew up in Elk Grove Village. Air traffic was a way of life there!

I got to run my daily today...been waiting since I got it back in December but the track has been closed, was almost 70 here today, perfect day to be at the track. I was on the left, 2018 fusion sport, steeda intake and aftermarket wheels that are 7lbs lighter each are only mods that would affect performance. They are supposed to be 13.7 stock.
20240303_184410.jpg

You mean like how the Air Source Heat Pump is installed backwards .. yeah I caught that one a few days agter the crane dropped it on the roof.. 😉
Yeah! That!! Aren’t you glad i took a look?!

People who zip on lug nuts with an impact deserve

Overtorqued or one of those stupid sleeved lugnuts? Both? Never fun, I hate beancounters and every pipsqueak "tech" with an air tool.
As far as pipsqueaks are concerned, next thing you are going to say is torque specs aren't measured in uga-ugas.

I got to run my daily today...been waiting since I got it back in December but the track has been closed, was almost 70 here today, perfect day to be at the track. I was on the left, 2018 fusion sport, steeda intake and aftermarket wheels that are 7lbs lighter each are only mods that would affect performance. They are supposed to be 13.7 stock.
View attachment 4249
Its still crazy to me how in ~25 years, even 'average' cars like the Ford Fusion are capable of going <14sec. A testarossa was only capable of 13.5sec quarter miles in the 80s. A supra turbo (stock at least) was 13.1. Your car can go just as fast with 3 other people inside (in theory, of course).

It's amazing what awd, a couple turbos and technology has done to performance...the fusion sport is not your normal fusion though...something like 2 million fusions were made for the US and Canada from 2013-20, sports were only made from 17-19, approximately 25000 were made. They were the only ones with a v6, also have bigger brakes, adaptive suspension, bigger sway bars, ect. My buddy had a 2016 2.0 ecoboost awd and it ran a 15.4, the 1.5 ecoboost and 2.5 na are supposed to be even slower...I'm always looking for them and in the last five years I've seen around 5 sports, I usually see at least 25-50 normal fusions everyday.

My EV batteries finally arrived from my EV supplier already preintegrated into battery boxes (modules, chill plates, and BMS). Yeah, I now have one less excuse as to why the car isn't driving under its own power.
158.jpg

159.jpg

I'm also in the process or ordering a big brake kit for the car primarily because
a) if I'm going to pay italian pricing for new rotors (stock fronts already have a bit of a lip between the grip surface and the edge), I might as well spend a little more and get some larger rotors b/c my car is well past what purists will accept.

b) EV motors don't have a way to lock the gearbox in park and I really, really hate the goofy disc-over-ebrake-drum setup that's stock. The electrical ESTOPP kit looks hacky and I'm not sold there will be a good position to mount it on the rear subframe. I will now need to fabricate custom brackets to hold this

Net result will be 4-pots front and rear. Funny part is that the rotors will likely be just a hair smaller than the Cobra 13" retrofit kit on my lemons car. Stealing from a mfg's up-model parts bin, esp when the mfg is Ford/Chevy, is SOO much cheaper than full aftermarket. OTOH, stealing from the new Ferrari parts bin isn't exactly cheaper.