Post a picture you took today

20240308_085821.jpg

At the jobsite yesterday morning .. delivery truck driver tried to make a U turn, his rear end swung wide and clipped the fire Hydrant. Idiot jogger couldn't resist putting his hand in the geyser. Some of these hydrants are gravity fed by the local resivours, in other words, it's the unfiltered pond scum water from the bottom of a dirty lake and smells like fish ass. 🤭

Not only that, but that water doesn't move for years sometimes. I've opened a fire hydrant; the crap that comes out is not drinkable water. Maybe after it runs for an hour, but damn.
We closed school one winter day by opening strategic fire hydrants on a morning it was 10 below zero, lol.

Made a junkyard run today to Speedway Salvage for some much needed parts. This was the first time I could bring my daughter with me since she just turned 16 and the yard requires people to be 16+ to enter. Good thing I brought her since she found a set of headlights/corners for my Grand Prix that were brand new. She got the job of carrying them to boot, lol.

Will say I was quite impressed with her car finding skills. I told her we needed to find a car that looked like my GP and off she went. Ended up finding an 02 for me with exactly what I needed. Then I told her to look for a Crown Vic like our LX Sport. She disappeared into the Ford section (which I really wasn't happy about being I couldn't see her, but whatever) and I heard her shout "Dad, I found one" from about 3 rows over. Damned if she didn't find an 03 Grand Marquis. I just needed a headlight bulb lock ring so any whale Panther would do. Made her get her hands dirty and get that lock ring off the headlight assembly for me. We both walked out with black hands so it was a good day 8-)

Audrey's 1st junkyard trip 16yrs old.jpg

Greg's Pizza in Johnson City is my childhood pizza place. They do take-and-bakes, so whenever I'm back in the Tri-Cities I get a couple of them to bring home and freeze. For you midwesterners, this is indeed the same Greg's Pizza from Elkhart.

We had a ceramic pizza stone that got broken in our move last year, so it was time for a new one. I'm a cast iron snob and all of our cookware is either cast iron or Pyrex. I've been debating on switching to a cast iron pizza stone and finally decided to pull the trigger on a 15" Lodge.

Very glad I did. The cast iron retains and distributes heat so much better than the ceramic. These pizzas are supposed to bake for 15-20 minutes at 450°F. The ceramic stone took 20-25 minutes even with preheating it. The preheated Lodge had it done in 15 minutes (I checked it at 15 minutes but then had to corral a runaway toddler in the kitchen before I could pull it, which resulted in the overcooked cheese). Best part was I could pull the pizza out of the oven after the bake time was done and the crust continued crisping while I cut it.

Cleanup is much easier than ceramic stones. Contrary to popular opinion, you can use (modern) soap on cast iron without harming the seasoning. Back in the old days, soap was full of lye which broke down the polymerized seasoning that coated the iron. Nowadays, soaps don't use lye and are safe for seasoning. Scrub it with a drop of soap, rinse thoroughly, dry on a hot stove eye, and coat with a very thin layer of avocado oil.

Photos below.

Attachments

• 1529CAB1-1D67-40DC-B55A-251B7174023A.jpeg
    1529CAB1-1D67-40DC-B55A-251B7174023A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 0FCFFEEB-3CD5-47DA-A300-707C5C1ADC80.jpeg
    0FCFFEEB-3CD5-47DA-A300-707C5C1ADC80.jpeg
    763.6 KB · Views: 6
  • E936A211-2942-40D3-A4DC-43DDEC89399F.jpeg
    E936A211-2942-40D3-A4DC-43DDEC89399F.jpeg
    727.4 KB · Views: 7
  • FAADD9BC-A765-4539-8F90-F93A09D9CBDD.jpeg
    FAADD9BC-A765-4539-8F90-F93A09D9CBDD.jpeg
    737.9 KB · Views: 8
  • B22211FC-C7D4-4E67-82EF-610F0FED29DF.jpeg
    B22211FC-C7D4-4E67-82EF-610F0FED29DF.jpeg
    656.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
There used to be a Uno's pizza in Maryville, that I loved. Chicago style is so different from everything else here.
Big Ed's pizza in Oak Ridge is awesome; Ed died a few years ago, but his son still runs it.

There used to be a Uno's pizza in Maryville, that I loved. Chicago style is so different from everything else here.
Big Ed's pizza in Oak Ridge is awesome; Ed died a few years ago, but his son still runs it.
Big Ed's is always good.

Stefano's has always been my go-to here. Whole wheat Chicago style as God intended. Still unhappy they closed down on campus but at least the new place is closer to me.

Took me a second looking at that. Was trying to figure out who built a modular I4 until I saw it was rotated on the stand.
I'll just get the cutoff wheel out!

I think that's the dorman; they were $20 last I checked. Move the magnet from your pan, mine didn't come with one.

I think that's the dorman; they were $20 last I checked. Move the magnet from your pan, mine didn't come with one.
This pan is actually an ATP. Autozone was out of the Dorman at the time. Seems like the same pan anyway. Quality is good. I swapped the magnet. The price is $40 currently.

That looks cold, for some reason. Beautiful country there!

Yes winter is just ending for us.
I think it was about 6 celsius out there, which is about 43 Fahrenheit for usa. It was windy as shit out there.
Our summers get up to 95ish at times where i am at.

None of the posers are running the JVC KS-R140….
IMG_7527.jpeg

Let me guess; the rims I traded didn't come with center caps, and those are expensive, lol. That would fit with the rest of the decade, lol.
Onthe good side of life, I didn't get my wisdom teeth out today, unlike my great nephew, who is hurting like a motherfucker today. He totally avoids painkillers, which I completely understand. So he's taking ibuprofen. I got percodan, lol. I avoid all that crap now.

Let me guess; the rims I traded didn't come with center caps, and those are expensive, lol. That would fit with the rest of the decade, lol.
Onthe good side of life, I didn't get my wisdom teeth out today, unlike my great nephew, who is hurting like a motherfucker today. He totally avoids painkillers, which I completely understand. So he's taking ibuprofen. I got percodan, lol. I avoid all that crap now.
I got you covered Greg. Those chrome fanblades have the factory chrome caps in with them. You are all good! This is a salad shooter cap. Originally from my Pacific Green 97. Which is now my younger sons car. With the emerald forest green color. I think I still have 2 of the wheels left. 2 others were ruined by another gender person in my family....

I was joking; I've done business with you before. I still have the killer hoody.
I wonder what birdcats hoodies would cost in a group buy, from a commercial site? You guys did them on the side or something, iirc.
btw: That jvc stereo is a pretty good one, as long as the heads aren't worn. seems like it takes a 9.5" belt, like a bunch of others. If the head surface looks wavy you'll have to replace it to make it sound good.

Last edited:
I meant to ask, did the blower get there ok? I paid to have it packed, and I didn't see it,, so idk. It was insured for 500, lol.

I wonder what birdcats hoodies would cost in a group buy, from a commercial site? You guys did them on the side or something, iirc.
I know some people that make shirts, etc. If ya'll get a design together and a quantity I can get us a quote.

I meant to ask, did the blower get there ok? I paid to have it packed, and I didn't see it,, so idk. It was insured for 500, lol.
Blower has arrived safely

Thanks for the trade! When I bought that,the 4v basket was 400 on eslay, and a guy from the other site bought it, and wanted 700 or 900.:) I said fuckit, and punted. :) Good luck! The 4v basket has an intercooler, and new intercoolers are ~200. The ones I saw in baskets looked rough, lol.
I thought it was an svo blower, but those don't have an intercooler. So everyone uses meth injection to cool them.
s-l960.jpg

s-l960.jpg