Post a picture you took today

Started chopping up the new trailer today. New axle, wheels/tires, and all the fixin's to add brakes are on the way. I'm extending the deck, extending the tongue, fixing a few flaws I found, re-wiring it, building ramps, adding hold downs, and generally tailoring it to hauling the dune buggy.

432477032_10100974204624133_8483144432542907739_n.jpg

Lined up with my fellow Shriners today for the St. Patrick's Day parade in downtown St. Louis. Got lucky this year and it was actually warm and sunny. Was driving my friend's '14 Camaro convertible with his wife (she's got a bum ankle so couldn't walk/drive), my wife and daughter. First time I was able to get my daughter in the parade and she loved it. And no, I didn't dump either one since they were both sitting on the parade boot of the 'vert. I did goose it once just to goof off and my daughter just yelled at me to quit it, lol.. Big turn out this year and had a blast.

parade 1.jpg

parade 3.jpg

parade 2.jpg

Getting ready to do the rear Cobra rotor upgrade soon, so I painted the rebuilt rear calipers today. Used a coat of self etching primer/wheel paint/1K clear. I did the same to the fronts a while back and they have held up great. I like doing silver colors on calipers, keeps them looking new.

Brakes2.jpg
Brakes1.jpg

IMG_20240317_174922121_HDR.jpg
Finally painted the front wheels after a year of putting it off.

Unfortunately the photo highlights just how much the paint on the rear has faded

The local power company is clearing out around the lines, lot of people in the area are not happy about it.
They are on my road today with this impressive machine. It's some kind of brush cutter with a telescoping saw. The thing has a real "Final Destination" movie vibe. :oops:
tree trim small.gif

Tree trim pic (Medium).jpg

The local power company is clearing out around the lines, lot of people in the area are not happy about it.
They are on my road today with this impressive machine. It's some kind of brush cutter with a telescoping saw. The thing has a real "Final Destination" movie vibe. :oops:
View attachment 4627

View attachment 4626
When they bush hog the area under the power lines, they have a machine that looks like a Snow blower mated with a chipper shredder. They take out 4" trees, blackberry bushes,privet, whatever and turn it into mulch. Even worse, it's mounted on a high-lift forklift kinda thing, which is nightmare inducing, lol. The chain-based bush hog they use along the road is another terror; they about took out the handicapped dude that walks around.

Where did you find it? I hate to order something off amazon, you never know what you get.

Dropped the pan in my daughters 98 explorer with the 5.0 and 4r70w. 280,000 miles. Still has the toy. I wonder if the fluid really was never changed.
IMG_7596.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7597.jpeg
    IMG_7597.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
50k miles since rebuild and after sitting in the box for 2yrs, I FINALLY installed the AT Auxiliary cooler over the weekend.

I did not bypass the radiator, but instead looped the cooler in from the radiator into the aux cooler and then back into the transmission.

PXL_20240324_221648760.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240325_024944359.jpg

PXL_20240325_012455234.NIGHT.jpg