Post a picture you took today

If that's the 5.0, it's at least cheaper to rebuild than a 4.6. There's one shop here that only does sbf and chevy smallblocks.

I'm putting it on a lift Friday. Hoping to get a better answer then. It's an irregular knock but it's still very prominent.

It's not going to go away. :) Or, possibly it will suddenly, lol. I feel your pain, Lazarus is knocking badly. I need to take my cranks to the machine shop, and see if they can be fixed. They rusted badly while I was down. :(

Screenshot_20240327-203831.png
Was scrolling through FB and based on my local car show group, it suggested this show. Anyone ever see a pink drag bird?

Dropped the pan in my daughters 98 explorer with the 5.0 and 4r70w. 280,000 miles. Still has the toy. I wonder if the fluid really was never changed.
View attachment 4703

There's definitely a lot of that brownish sediment.

But I don't think the toy is much of an indication nowadays where most shops use flushing machines. The filter is likely original though.

Find a shop to assemble them; doing a set of sport springs with a set of strut compressors was scary as fuck. Seeing a 11/16 hardened bolt bent like a banana messes with you, lol.

I just use the cars weight, lowering springs makes it easy

The only issue is that you really need someone else to guide the shock into the hole in the top hat.
The only way to do it by yourself is spring compressors, hopefully wall mounted. :)

The only issue is that you really need someone else to guide the shock into the hole in the top hat.
The only way to do it by yourself is spring compressors, hopefully wall mounted. :)

Uhh...:bsflag:

Never needed a helper in the dozen times I've done it exactly this way, the shock is essentially self centered by the spring tension, I've never had it hang up going into the mount

1711847872496.png

1711847916239.png

1711847939561.png

1711847959422.png

I'll bet the mount the shock body has for the spring is bent; I only ad that issue with Lazarus, and I gutted those shocks tor the koni inserts. Those are the ones I had trouble with, both times. You can't quite reach it with your butt on the shock tower; or at least I can't, lol.

I'll bet the mount the shock body has for the spring is bent; I only ad that issue with Lazarus, and I gutted those shocks tor the koni inserts. Those are the ones I had trouble with, both times. You can't quite reach it with your butt on the shock tower; or at least I can't, lol.

In fairness I have only done this with lowering springs(done tokico, vogtland eibach, and cut sports) which have a shorter free height than stock springs. I never needed to put any additional weight on the car to get enough threads through the shock mount to get the nut on, jack only from the bottom. Then I just zip the nut on

I welded another horizontal cross bar to my subframe and with the help of a friend and my trusty hoist, I got the rear battery box onto the subframe. Its starting to look pretty intentional now (vs someone who was just hacking apart a project car).
The plywood is in place to offer some space betwen the battery box and the subframe. Once I have the rear brackets bolted to the battery box and welded to the horizontal bar, I'll measure and cut brackets to hold the front of the box at the right height.
168.jpg

169.jpg

Snow is awesome! My local mountains got about 8" with yesterday's storm. My wife and I went out to go play a little bit yesterday.

PXL_20240330_231620852.jpg

PXL_20240331_000022557.jpg

Saw a couple of T-Birds while we were out and about.

PXL_20240331_004007107.jpg

PXL_20240331_021324760.jpg

And we dyed eggs for Easter with the spawnlings when we got back home.

PXL_20240331_053956210.jpg

The red egg is "dead". 😂

PXL_20240331_054036603.jpg

Only when you get to choose when you want it. Living with it coming and going on its own, for 5 months out of the year, can make you think about it a little differently. :)

And we have that option here in SoCal 😉.

IMG_3861.jpg
There was an Easter egg hunt at the ostrich ranch yesterday, snapped a couple of pics. This one turned out pretty well.