Post a picture you took today

All my pix are on the server; I'll move computers later, lol. Yes, unlike Ca, Our mountains aren't trying to kill us with earthquakes or landslides. :) We just have to look around for bears, lol. And there's about 10,000 people within 20 miles of me right now, lol.

Seriously ? 🤔

It's local bias. Most people consider where they live to be "God's Country". See definition C .

c
: one's native or home state or region
boosters go so much to the other extreme, talking about God's country—Sinclair Lewis

The bad side is that the women there are half the volume as here, lol. or less. :) But then, You have Disneyland, and hollywood, an we have Dollywood. :) But I like Big boobs over big ears, lol.

We're prepping for some big hikes/summits in Glacier this Summer. One of the hikes is just over 17 miles and 5000' of elevation gain. Today was a good training hike.

Earthquakes, lol 🤭. If it's not a 5 pointer, it's not even worth talking about.

In my company, I saw our midwestern coworkers expressing concern for our coworkers in New York. I was amused to say the least, as were our coworkers from the Bay Area. It was like a 3 sending prayers and well wishes to a 5 while treating it like an 8.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure the road resurfacing outside my house last year would have been at least a 4.

I figured a new Yorker would mistake a quake for a subway train or Gojira ( at least that's what happens in the movies ) .. speaking of movies, they've been playing San Andreas with The Rock 🤭 on one of the premium channels - perhaps Paul Giamattis character is correct in the assumption that these smaller quakes are a precursor to a MUCH larger quake ... 🤔

Note to self; stay off the Hoover Dam

Tennessee doesn't fuck around; the last quake we had of any size made the Missippi River run backwards for 3 days, and made a 400' deep lake, Reelfoot Lake. :)

Took the kid to my friend's farm to watch the eclipse in totality yesterday. It was an amazing experience for both of us.

IMG_6385.JPG

Loaded the dune buggy onto the trailer for the first time tonight. I extended the tongue, extended the front deck, installed a new 3500# axle of a more appropriate width, new hydraulic drum brakes and a hydraulic brake actuator. Built these ramps on Saturday out of scraps. Next up is tie-down points, paint, wiring, and plumbing.

IMG_44130.JPGIMG_44170.JPG

Took the kid to my friend's farm to watch the eclipse in totality yesterday. It was an amazing experience for both of us.

View attachment 5047

Loaded the dune buggy onto the trailer for the first time tonight. I extended the tongue, extended the front deck, installed a new 3500# axle of a more appropriate width, new hydraulic drum brakes and a hydraulic brake actuator. Built these ramps on Saturday out of scraps. Next up is tie-down points, paint, wiring, and plumbing.

View attachment 5048View attachment 5049
Still not much tongue weight?

Still not much tongue weight?
Nope. That's actually why I extended the deck and tongue, to get the balance right. Where it's sitting on the trailer is perfect; enough tongue weight to be safe, but the whole thing is still light enough to easily roll it around the shop. I stuck it up there tonight to verify and to plan out where to place my D-rings to tie it down.

No idea what you're talking about .. 🤔

In your profile picture. Well, your previous profile picture. The car pictured had a 96/97 bumper cover; however, there are openings on either side of the lower grille which aren't present on stock 96/97. I assumed those openings were made for fog lights. Or maybe additional cooling?

I have fog lights on mine, in those holes. They got flooded in the first few months. I should replace them sometime, but I keep forgetting about them. Theres a switch for them to the left of the steering wheel. I don't think its stock, but they did a good job cutting the switch in

Earth brains! I don't want to do research on mushroom hunting, though I know people go about looking for them. Are they sweet or something, or just free?

It's local bias. Most people consider where they live to be "God's Country". See definition C .

c
: one's native or home state or region
boosters go so much to the other extreme, talking about God's country—Sinclair Lewis

I like Las Vegas just fine. I do not consider it God's Country.

@dDUBb airflow obstruction? I might as well remove if it, if that's the case