Post a picture you took today

Don't yall have the largest airshow in the country?

Oh its Wisconsin, damn. Drop me line if you ever plan on going to any of oregons shows! I remember you saying you'd visited the spruce goose but you're probably done dropping by there. So far Im not too thrilled with hillsboro's show this year, but the thunderbirds are coming to the mcminneville show this year. I think they go a lot harder than the angels, but with less finesse

There was an airshow in Knoxville in about 2016, and their practice/setup flight path was over the ridge where Our plant was. They were flying down a valley, looping around, and passing over the crowd at the airport. We were basically a second viewing area, and they were only 100 feet or so off the ground. I found out that day how hard it is to catch something fast on a digital camera. :)

The Cleveland air show isn't too bad, normally they alternate between Thunderbirds and Blue Angels each year, plus a few demos (F22, F35, F18, F16 etc.) and flybys, aerobatics etc.

We were in Ashland for about a week in the fall, mostly to visit relatives but we obviously went to see some stuff. I brought my younger brother out a couple months later and was there for a few days so I could show him the redwood forest; we managed to get up to Crater Lake despite all the snow because of a fortuitously-timed gap in the weather. :)

Washington State is a trip; one of my great uncles moved out there in the 60's and ran a sawmill. He was logging when Mt st helens blew. He sent me a pic of him and his sons standing by something huge on a flatbed trailer; When I saw him in the 90's, I found out it was a 40' section of a sequoia tree, that was 20' in diameter. He said he made 3 houses out of that 1 segment. :O

I’ve gone to the Chicago air show a couple times, and was once in the city when either the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds were doing their practice runs, which was right between buildings which was awesome. I live right underneath O hare and Schaumburg airports flight path so I actually see a lot of the planes and helicopters featured right from the backyard the week prior, actually a better view than at the show.

I had a much better view than the people that paid for the "VIP viewing area" which was a concrete parking lot in the summer; 90 degrees, 110% humidity. I sat on a horse blanket, in a nice field, close enough for me to see them wave as they flew by. After 3:30, my boss went and bought beer. :)

There are several members in Vegas.Gordo and Chris Murder come to mind. If you see an mn12 with "murder" plates, that's him. :)

Came up on these 2 intakes today, also have another mach intake and a 98 cobra

Question, I’m pretty sure it’s redundant but which one is better? From a quick glance the ports look smoother on the Mack lower almost extrude honed compared to the cobra.

73052998929__CF729A4A-C684-41DF-B1ED-CC942A640059.jpeg

Took some pictures, the cobra lower is extrude honed from the factory. You can tell on the upper inside the Mach intake entrances look better casting wise. Mach has the gasket attached. still have 1 other Mach intake id like to try and port a lil on the upper inside half. I’ve read that makes the biggest difference.

These are for sale if anybody is interested

IMG_4592.jpegIMG_4593.jpegIMG_4583.jpegIMG_4582.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually the biggest gains from porting come from the runner ends in the plenum area, which unfortunately requires the thing being cut in half. Look for posts by NA SVT on various message boards, he's the C head manifold porting guy.

The Cobra lower was a recall fix on the existing 99 flawed casting , the Mach 1 intakes refined the process where it wasn't as extensively needed, they actually flow quite a bit better right out the box. 290cfm per runner vs 242cfm for the "fixed" Cobra.

I'll buy the upper lid with the Cobra emblem:nod:

Shame .. the 99 Cobra almost got the 4.6 DOHC with an M90. 🤔

Thrashed to get the dune buggy all back together and running/driving yesterday. This guy cost me about 30 minutes to diagnose and correct. IIRC, it's an Earls -6 elbow. Fuel can't get to the fuel pump when there is a fitting upstream that isn't drilled through.

IMG_3945.JPG

I won in the end. A quick test drive put a pretty big smile on my face. The suspension is noticeably better, and the steering/cutting brake ROCKS!

IMG_3942.JPG

Walk around: