Space stuff

So Friday, with saturday and sunday as backups. He wants to do 3 in one day; one from the west coast, one at canaveral, and the starship in Texas. Should be some cool fireworks this weekend! I may go out with binocs and see if I can see it go over. It's bigger than the shuttle, and that was easy to see.
Seeing the shuttle at the space station the last time was a trip; it was way bigger than I thought it would be.

EDIT: The Starship is scheduled for 8am, est, with a webcast starting beforehand
This was a cool promo I saw from the spacex site.

https://www.spacex.com/launches/mission/?missionId=starship-flight-2 pre flight promo.

Last edited:
20231111_232147.jpg

I captured this a few nights ago. At first I thought it was an airplane but it was a bright red light and it was going straight up. I zoomed in and it almost looks like a rocket flare. Then it disappeared. I couldnt find any star link or space x launches scheduled.

The 'Space force launches from Vandenberg afb; that's probably what you saw. There's supposed to be one Friday, also.

Maybe .. but I was facing towards the East and Santa Barbara is over a hundred miles South. I saw a string of Starlink satellites; those were to the South of me but they were traveling from West to East. 🤔 for reference, I am a few miles south of San Francisco.

Speculating, maybe they are deploying option A,B on a smaller scale in similar ambient conditions? I havent heard/read anything about the larger launches

Looks like the big one is tomorrow; should be spectacular, even if it fails.

Launch scheduled for 7 AM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME (8 AM EST) tomorrow with only a 20 minute launch window.

:headbang:
Like I said;Live staging. :) Something will definitely happen when they light the second stage. If it doesn't separate, the residual luel in it's tanks will make the 1st stage a huge explosion, lol. It's stainless, so it will hold until the pressure ruptures it; like I said, Spectacular. I wonder how much every window within 20 miles costs, lol. Last one I bought wasn't big, or commercial, and it was over $100.

There guys are really good for tracking launches:
They list launches for everyone, all launch facilities.

Cool site.

Last edited:
Did not disappoint! It was mostly successful. It'll be interesting to see why they were blown up. The booster lasted 30 secs longer than I thought. It was in the reentry burn when it blew, engine first at ~2000 mph. :)

OMG This is EPIC! Fire this video up on the home Theater or put a headset on and crank up the volume. It brought a tear to my eye.

Say hello to the future of space flight.

What was the reason why they destroyed stage 1 booster? It wasn't responding to commands or something?

beI thinkingthe 2nd stage weakened it, then the heat reversing ends took it out.

The 'Space force launches from Vandenberg afb; that's probably what you saw. There's supposed to be one Friday, also.

This is actually spot on. I saw another rocket launch this morning - turns out Space force was testing their missile defense system from Vandenberg.

I'd really like to understand how"flat earthers" think our seasons occur. I've tried try come up with how the sun could rotate around a coin for instance and it just doesn't work. But hey, someone needs to drag their knuckles on the ground.

I'd really like to understand how"flat earthers" think our seasons occur. I've tried try come up with how the sun could rotate around a coin for instance and it just doesn't work. But hey, someone needs to drag their knuckles on the ground.

It's actually quite simple .. we live in a computer simulation. 🙄

I'm so glad they didn't make 3 more movies. :)

Something else to lol over: Derp put our logo up, with a usable link, and it's been up a few days at tptsnbn.

It's been up for over a month now, I just haven't been posting there any so it wouldn't draw attention from the Gestapo. :rofl:

TSTSNBN.jpg

Last edited:
I guess dude got tired of my lame assed attempt at obfustication, lol. We showed we could get past their control, and they finally said fuckit. I'll call it staying up as a win. :)
I hope it makes it to the annual verticalscope awards ceremony as a bloopers reel, lol. We should fucking arrange that, lol.
:rofl:

Just what we need to close out the year:
SpaceX is targeting Thursday, December 28 at 8:07 p.m. ET for Falcon Heavy’s launch of the USSF-52 mission to orbit from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. A backup launch opportunity is available at 8:06 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29.
Three Falcon 9's, and it's flying the military's secret space shuttle.

Maybe it will get delayed again and go up when we're down there in 3 weeks. :unsure:

A crew mission to the ISS is scheduled to go up the night of the 17th, one day after we arrive. The Falcon 9 has 2x the thrust as the little Atlas IIAS that I saw go up 25 years ago. Looking forward to it! :)

I've been looking at starship stuff today, and the next one is about good to go, waiting on nasa, I believe.
Reading some of the postmortem stuff after the 2nd one, the upper stage lost telemetry to the ground, so it terminated the flight, 8+ minutes in.
The ower stage lost 9 engines on the boostback burn, and it wasn't totally clear to me if the blew up the 1st stage due to the engine fails. IDK what their comms stuff is, but I bet it's getting upgraded. :)