Chatbox Thread

Speaking of issues. I wonder how this guy ever passed a psych. eval.

The ultimate "Bully with a badge" story out of NY caught my eye this morning. IDK what could possibly cause someone to snap like this. My heart breaks for his wife and kids. When you become a parent yourself stories like this really hit home. How anyone could do this to their family is beyond me.

The power inherent in being a police officer attracts the wrong kind of people. My dad was a lieutenant with the ORPD, and he said the hardest part of his job was hiring good people, and winnowing out the bad.

I hope this case sets a positive precedent, there may well be too many guns and loopholes out there but the enabling and psychological trauma behind them starts at home, most of the parents of mass shooters seem to fall somewhere in the spectrum between aloof and whacko.
And I hope the same happens to the dad. Clearly they had no logical parenting skills. They are the reason we went from the days of guns in the closet, or back window of a truck with no issues to the shit we see today.

Every house in TN used to have a shotgun behind the front door; people here don't go to someone's house to start shit. That's a known way to die, lol.

If there was a case that could be the litmus test for holding parents accountable for these detestable actions by their kids, it was this one. The negligence of the parents was so atrocious that if they weren't convicted, no parent ever would be.

But their negligence was also so atrocious that it doesn't set a bad precedent for prosecuting all parents for all crimes should their kid play a part in a less detestable event (schoolyard fight, motor vehicle crash, etc).

TL,DR: They got this one right on all fronts.

I kind of have a dream of installing LED accent lighting around the outside of the house that I could simply program to change colors and never take it down.

I did this with the landscape lights that point at my house. They use MR16 bulbs, which is fine. What's not fine is that my light housings are solid brass and interfere with Wi-Fi signals reaching the bulbs, although the brass housings are great by any other measure.

Instead of being able to use bulbs that are compatible with the more modern and versatile Smart Life ecosystem, I'm using Mi-Light, which has the worst-looking phone app I've ever seen and requires a proprietary hub. Granted, that hub is probably why the signal to the bulbs is stronger than straight Wi-Fi. I'm also limited to a few preset effects with no ability to program my own.

Guys, I bought some of these a few years back with the aim of doing something. They eat some serious 5V power, tho.You buy a 5V power supply, controller,and run some 16awg lamp cord for power, and depending on the controller you buy, you can do vegas quality lights. :)

I bought this controller, it will do shows:

You have to find the software on the web. I'm using a 25A power supply, and a strip of 300 needs a wire to carry power to the other end, or a progression dies halfway down the string, lol. I killed a 5V5a power supply with 300.

He could ride with us, lol. Dirt or street, apparently.

How do you know it's an election year?

I filed my taxes on February 3. The refund was deposited in my bank account on February 9.

We only have federal here. No state income tax in Tennessee. It always comes back faster here than it did when I lived in NC.

I joined a Dodge Ram forum years ago. I logged back in to find it's being run by the Canucks at TCCoA.

Completely dead if you don't have the newest ram, and most new activity is a word game or ads from CarID.

Pretty aggravating.

I joined a Dodge Ram forum years ago. I logged back in to find it's being run by the Canucks at TCCoA.

Completely dead if you don't have the newest ram, and most new activity is a word game or ads from CarID.

Pretty aggravating.

First thing I do when I look at a forum lately is to scroll down and see if they own it(actually I can tell by the cookie cutter banners). Some of their forums they bought up some of the forums they seemed to create out of thin air with zero posts, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re just padding the portfolio now and then to present “growth” to the investors

Lots of crap too. That The nice thing about starting from scratch here. We can scavenge what WE created that’s worth keeping and leave the rest.
You have a 2g ram right? You part of any good forums that are active still?

You have a 2g ram right? You part of any good forums that are active still?
Yes. I’m registered on ramforum.com but haven’t checked in there in a few years. I’d suggest starting there if you’re looking for a RAM forum.

What the hell went on in Kansas City today?! >:(

Joe

What the hell went on in Kansas City today?! >:(

Joe
A fucking mess. That’s what. We’ve got a serious problem in this country that no politician will address. Over the past few years my family and I have taken to avoiding crowds for just this reason.

I don’t being in big crowds by nature, but I really don’t like having that inclination validated. Mark yet another crack in the foundation of civilized society.

Anyone in my state can open carry any weapon now. It's pretty fucked up.