Q: So what games are you folks playing right now?

These games are great, I played the Police Quests several years ago but never got around to trying the Space Quests. Using the text bar adds to the challenge

Any tetris players here? Been getting back to that. Tetr.io is a great website, they dont even ask for your email if you sign up. The problem is there is a lot of ridiculously skilled players, but its pretty amusing to watch two skilled players going at it

Any tetris players here? Been getting back to that. Tetr.io is a great website, they dont even ask for your email if you sign up. The problem is there is a lot of ridiculously skilled players, but its pretty amusing to watch two skilled players going at it

Did you see this news? Interesting article recaps a final victory over the nes version and how the serious gamers invented new ways to get beyond some limitations baked in the game design.

I love fortnite: not because it's a great game (I think I've played once) but because epic uses the revenues to give away games to bolster up their storefront

I had been meaning to buy The Outer Worlds: Spacers Choice version for a while but never got around to it and then epic gave it away EOY 2023.

- I had read that the game wasn't well optimized and... They are right..my quality with my existing GPU is pretty mediocre (RX580) and I guess I need to swap in my gtx 1080TI.
- unfortunately, it's not playable on Nvidia cloud (my other go to)
- it's still pretty fun as a shooting game with quest elements.

Did you see this news? Interesting article recaps a final victory over the nes version and how the serious gamers invented new ways to get beyond some limitations baked in the game design.
Oh yikes, Tetris is timeless. I can't imagine playin on the NES version. Buds and I used to pass around the same gameboy cartridge

This is coming around on Wednesday

I used to play Tetris on my ti 83 all the way through geometry class every single day in high school. These kids today and their iPads think they pioneered goofing off, pfft!

I've been playing The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice edition for a week or so now and its pretty fun.
Its a FPS similar to Fallout/Cyberpunk 2077 with the ability to have crew members join your party much like Mass Effect. Has some humous bits lke Borderlands but with a more significant corporate distopia vibe.

Guns are upgradable/moddable but its not a grindy loot shooter like Borderlands. I think there were complaints about the lack of optimization with this remake (Spacer's choice) being poorly optimized but after an optimization 11 months or so ago it seems to run pretty well at 1080p on ultra settings on my 1080TI (FWIW, it sucked on a similarly aged but much less powerful RX580).

IMG_20240218_213319391.jpg
Still here playing Snow Runner. And I've learned its possible to double tow heavy loads if I tether two trucks together. You can control both from the lead, which is pretty neat. Essentially becomes a push-pull act

I finished the Outer Worlds - Spacer's choice the other day. Good game, hit all the same vibes as Mass Effect with an interesting story of how hyper Capitalism can go astray and screw over the little people. Never felt repetitive but you o end up looting a lot and then unloading your crap to get more crap. Guns can be modded to be improved but every so often you'd pick up a newer gun as a base and then go back to upgrading IT for giggles.

I'd recommend picking it up if its ever on deep sale or free again from epic games. Next game I'm playing: Ghostwire Tokyo. Definitely cool looking, detailed render of Shibuya with all sorts of creepy characters from japanese folklore. Not sure I love it yet but not bad for a commercial flop.

Works quite well on NVIDIA cloud w/ RTX turned on.

Haven't played it yet, but I ordered a Vectrex homebrew game that is a close copy of the ye olde Sea Wolf arcade game from the '70s -

It would be interesting to add this hack, if I had that kind of free time and knowledge -