What are you Listening To?

While riding around yesterday this came on the radio, perfect words for our move back to NC from years away.

Love the Pretenders. Great group. Chrissie is amazing! Love her voice.

Speaking of moving back and coming home, it reminds me of the variations on Diddy's Coming Home. Which, IMHO is one of the finest "Coming home" songs ever written. If you haven't heard this one yet I think you'll really like it. The original has a distinctly R&B flair to it but these toned down versions are warmer.

JennaAnne also did a very cool rendition and variation of this song that I discovered years ago.

The videos of Soldiers coming home with this song playing in the background always brings a tear to my eye.

Home by NC native Daughtry is also an awesome Coming Home song.

Blue Rodeo has been one of my favorites for years. They're still a proper country band, no more and no less. Jim Cuddy's solo work is also stellar.

Jim Croce!
Although he died 50 years ago, his music is still stands on its own.

Introduced my son to Jim recently. Cannot be beat. We were robbed of both his and Maury's unbelievable talent.

Probably one of the biggest "what if's" in music is what if that pilot hadn't run three miles to board the plane and subsequently had a heart attack behind the yoke.

The radio edit? The drum solo is the best part!

Haha wow I never knew this was Anthrax! My friend burned me a mix CD of various untitled thrash metal songs when we were in high school, and I used to tear up the street in the Cougar with this playing when I was 17!

Currently on repeat. Don't hate, it's good. I bought the special edition splattered vinyl too.

4E27A168-AEE9-4346-8E6E-F99A33CD0590.jpeg

Kid got this for his birthday. It is now on repeat.

IMG_9430.jpeg

Amazing harmonies. I’m going to drop this here until I can figure out who this group is and hear some more from them.