Classifieds and Auctions Thread

While we're in Europe, take a look at this one. It has an interesting history as it was used by Aston Martin to develop their own car with Ford engine management.

Neat, interesting that Aston was using Fords as their mules prior to Ford buying them, there’s all sorts of Ford parts bin in 90s-00s Aston’s, most notoriously the square airbag mustang(et al) steering wheel. I wondered if there was something to the twin M90s in the Vantage, Ford was pretty pioneering in the OEM application of roots blowers with the SCs

It's interesting to me they used duratec piston and valvetrain items in the V12s. Seems like a lot of work to design a new block around existing parts. They did sound wicked good in a DB7, though

I think the duratec and Aston V12 were co-developed, ford was pretty much tied by the hip by the PAG/Nasser era

I think you'd find enough changes to make a straight use difficult. But there's a 'holy grail' intake setup; a twin blower v8. a v-Vantage.
Nope, I'm wrong, it's a 5.3, that's totally different engine and would be a bummer to fit. But it looks fucking cool, yet familiar, lol.

I remember reading about that - Aston Matrin bought the SC to reverse engineer it's supercharger setup.

Related note - a long while back on the SCCOA forums, a member popped up from Germany - he had a shop build him a twin M90 intake setup using SC M90s on a Lamborghini Diablo .. he needed help with the serpentine setup - it blew a belt off at 180 ( assuming KMH ) on the Autobahn.

Nebraska
Love the red on this one.
1712435824343.png

Chicago
CAPSLOCK MAKES MONEY MOVE
1712435788130.png

Sacremento
...yes IT DOES ! ! !
1712435747156.png

Pheonix
Pretty sharp
1712435708403.png

Ohio
A tale of two brothers. Can you identify the red car in the background?
1712435587448.png1712435628724.png

Washington
60K Red Bird
1712435452784.png

Florida
It might be against the rules to post florida classifieds :angel:
1712435430465.png

Northeast
If you like blue, you can get this one instead
1712435521702.png

Attachments

• 1712435574430.png
    1712435574430.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 0
You've been busy! The red Bird from Washington has been deleted by the seller.

Joe

Oh wow. It was really clean. Makes sense, I've seen them go for more than 6,500 was the asking price if I remember

...Cavalier?

Nice finds.

I wish the sellers asked for more $$$ for some of these. Kind of puts my recently pondered sale into perspective.

When will they go up in value...?

They started going up before the new forum. I might say prices have gone down this year, comparatively. Gotta wonder what will happen to prices if ford ever decides to bring back the tbird correctly

I like them low, I don't want to get priced out of these like every other car I liked
Yep, my first reaction to the reveal of car wizard assistant's bird was panic. These have somehow narrowly escaped attention

I really liked those Toronado coupes. FWD isn't my preference, but the design is timeless yet very modern with the flush front and rear facias.

View attachment 4984

Those were E bodies, different platforms and technically a class above competing more with the Lincoln Marks. W bodies were the G body replacement originally, Cutlass Supreme, Buick Regal, Grand Prix and Lumina Coupe(formerly Monte Carlo) were what the MN12s were directly up against.

I lost most of my hearing in a 1978 Cutlass supreme. :) Craig Powerplay 8-track deck. :rofl:
I still love to blast "VH Runnin' with the Devil" lol. We were leaving the disco era, VH was the best thing I'd heard since BOC. Or Motorhead.

Important:
There's a "Barter" category on craigslist classifieds that are, in some ways, hidden. The posters might have a few screws loose. Basically said he wants to put it in the river if it doesnt sell lol

This might be useful for GRWeldon

Couple of rigs popped up on CL

This looks like a pretty screaming deal if the work done was legit. I question the rotisserie style body and paint description, but I could be wrong.

This guy is delusional. He started at $19.5k

I'm betting a lot of money that red 90 did NOT have a rotisserie resto. Didn't look like the wiring harness was out of the car while painted. Plus if he paid for that type of resto, he'd see it crushed before taking $4000 for a car he spent tens of thousands on paint. (Which looks like shit)

The 94 looks really nice except the air dam.

I’m sure it was a frame off restoration too

I'm betting a lot of money that red 90 did NOT have a rotisserie resto. Didn't look like the wiring harness was out of the car while painted. Plus if he paid for that type of resto, he'd see it crushed before taking $4000 for a car he spent tens of thousands on paint. (Which looks like shit)

The 94 looks really nice except the air dam.
I don't disagree, but I've seen a lot worse junk listed for more money. The hood paint looks a little off, not enough pictures for me to tell on the rest of the car. If it is rust free it could be worth it. He doesn't say how many original miles are on the car.

Thought the same thing about that goofy looking air dam on the '94, but that is easy enough to correct.