Classifieds and Auctions Thread

I bought a LD player and a collection of about 100 movies from the 80s/90s for $50 on Craigslist years ago .. some old dude gave up his collection because DVD was the new thing at that time.

I bought a LD player and a collection of about 100 movies from the 80s/90s for $50 on Craigslist years ago .. some old dude gave up his collection because DVD was the new thing at that time.

I thought it was really cool when they pulled out the giant disc but it lost its luster for me when 2/3rds through the movie it just stopped. I literally think disc 1 ended with Stallone hanging from a cliff!

I had low standards for picture quality, I had blank VHS tapes of movies I recorded from network TV fed by rabbit ears that I'd watch over and over. It was fine, never had to get up and swap a disc lol

I’ve thought about this or even a station wagon before. I don’t have the fab skills to pull it off nor the money to have someone do it. But have wondered about this…

I kinda like it. I've seen someone do this to a crown vic. This is a cleaner job heh

I dont hate it. Interesting for sure. I would love to see it.

I’ve thought about this or even a station wagon before. I don’t have the fab skills to pull it off nor the money to have someone do it. But have wondered about this…

1709361383930.png

Ok, but without the easy rod front end.

I have lived in Alabama since 2000. I lived in Georgia from 1986-2000. I grew up in Michigan. I HATED working on cars when in Michigan because of the rust. I was amazed by the lack of rust on southern cars. I own a 1999 Ford F250SD that came from the Gulf are of Alabama. While not cancerous like Michigan cars, it has a good bit of rust. None of the structural components are compromised but one of the bed supports ("V" channel that spans left to right under the bed) has a rust hole in it the size of a quarter. I've only found one bolt so rusted that it rounded off and that was to the fuel tank strap. Cars a mere 50 miles north of the gulf don't have this type of rust.

That being said, I will never again buy a used car that comes from any state that uses salt on the roads. There WILL be rust eventually. Southern cars are a much better base for improving. Also desert cars like ones from the Southwest states, as long as they don't use salt on the roads.

I know this one was posted before on TSTSNBN. Drove past their lot today and it's still there.

Didn't stop to look but it was right next to the road. The paint and clearcoat is still shiny and there's no peel, but it is definitely fading from Bright Red Clearcoat to Bright Pink Clearcoat.

They also had this for sale...

How is the reliability on the bobcat motor vs the modern ecoboost 2300? The ones in the turbo coupe weren't well known for exploding...

This is the first Bobcat I have seen in probably twenty years, so there's that.

I remember a Pinto Rallye with the same squared off front end near my middle school when I was a kid, and middle school was undoubtedly the last time I saw one.

Obligatorily post:

I have a copy of star trek the motion picture, on a competing laserdisk format, it was called cdv. it used a stylus, from what I've read over the years. I've never seen an actual player.

All the local pintos died as race cars; they were really popular dirt track cars. Chuck Hope of Oak Ridge ran one so successfully, it was stolen and burned after a rough race.

I have a strange love for these. Factory AC and no rust is a rare combination.

I have a strange love for these. Factory AC and no rust is a rare combination.

My dad had one in his early 20s and I have no idea how he fit in it lol

Can't believe I never thought of this. Sure would make a bookend along with my opalescent white 96' LX. Little too rich for my blood though at $31KLightning Pearl.jpg

Always liked those(real) lightnings, shortbed stepside RWD pickups in general always appealed to me

That ad is precious. I love that they're making reference to the "bulletproof 3.8l v6"; that's very encouraging for us V6 owners.

This line is good, too: "With its striking red color and clean title, it's sure to turn heads on the road." Yup, I definitely admire those cars driving by with their clean titles...

1000004415.jpg

It will definitely turn heads after it plows into the ditch as the brake lines blow and rear sub frame falls out.

" There is a set of four brand new tires in the trunk along with brake rotors and pads."

Can you really fit 4 tires in that trunk? I am doubtful.

From our friends in Italy here is a'95 V8 Thunderbird w/146k on the clock.

I do not know enough Italian to figure out how much they are asking.

I bet that it really does turn heads there in Italy.

Nice interior! Youtube has a setting where it can auto translate closed captions. They spoke well of the car and compared it to honda and crown vic. They said the chairs look comfortable because americans are fat teehee