Classifieds and Auctions Thread

Looks good to me Martin! The crappy light tan wood trim on those two finds is the concern, and like many have said pretty much translates to adding stickers to the interior

Looks good to me Martin! The crappy light tan wood trim on those two finds is the concern, and like many have said pretty much translates to adding stickers to the interior

Oh yeah, I know. I just never miss an opportunity to post  my car :giggle:.

Finding two of these unfortunate victims is a fluke I think. I have only ever seen one in the junkyards.

I certainly would not install one on any vehicle I own today. These kits were among a plethora of tacky add ons ( ground effects, hood bras, etc ) that were popular at the time these cars were still considered new.

Remember those rear window ventsades? Those were the stupidest looking accessory they made for Thunderbirds and they all sagged in the middle. I can’t even find pictures of them on Google anymore, which I’m annoyed by not being able to post and mock it but grateful it’s lost to history

lol! I had louvers like that in the above mentioned firebird, lol.

@dDUBb
I always thought of bras as kind of cool. I was just concerned about their effect on the paint underneath with dust or sand getting caught.

I still have one on the shelf for a 94/95 Tbird, brand new in the original Ford box .. 😉

Remember those rear window ventsades?

Yes .. they still make them for modern cars .. :bangwall:

Car bras are hideous. People need to stop living in the '90s with inferior solutions. If you want rock chip protection that won't cause your paint to get scratched and age unevenly, get full PPF coverage on your hood.

There was a guy in the FB group who sprayed black Plasti Dip in the pattern of a car bra on the hood. FOH with that :bs:

I had a buddy in the 70's and 80's who had a chevy van with a scene painted on the side. Two warrior babes, butt nekkid, lol. Kinda the same style as Dan's wonderful banner. He was driving in Alabama, and got pulled over for "Public obscenity". He got out of it by paintng a bikini over the naughty bits. :facepalm. I was at the lake when he got back; he borrowed some brake cleaner from me, and wiped off the bikini. :)

I have one of those in my Red cougar, lol. It's had cd's in it for the last 14 years, in the sun.

Bets on whether they melted, or died in the interim?

I have one of those in my Red cougar, lol. It's had cd's in it for the last 14 years, in the sun.

Bets on whether they melted, or died in the interim?
I had one of those that melted to a handful of CDs and ruined them

I'm glad I skipped the whole CD visor experience. I had a 6-disc CD changer in the trunk. Also, my second head unit could read data CDs, so by the time I started frequently loading more than 650 MB of MP3s plus another 6 hours of music burned to CD-R/RWs in the changer, I switched the CD changer for an external USB port.

I love burning CDs still. I like being nondescript on the cd labeling. You're sometimes forced to listen to a track that you might have otherwise skipped, and you think wow, I forgot this song was so good. It also becomes a bit of an emotional time capsule. Oh I burned this CD back when such and such happened

Before 2020, I once burned a CD for a chick at my bar because we had a similar odd tastes in music. Mind you she was 39 at the time, and she told me "Thank you! but I dont know what to do with this." One of those moments that you realize we're in a different world all too soon.

Maybe she's figured it out by now, or maybe its just a frisbee

Did she mean she didn't know what it was or she didn't have a device to play it? Because she's way too old for the former.

I haven't listened to a CD (pressed or burned) in probably close to a decade now and I feel like I was one of the last ones to stop using discs thanks to the CD changers that were in both cars.

I still have four devices that can play CDs though:
  • The Pioneer DEX-P99RS in the Thunderbird (which I've never fed a CD)
  • The Pioneer AVIC-W8500NEX in the Lexus (same)
  • A DVD±RW drive in my desktop PC carried over from my previous PC build because I needed something to fill the front drive bay space in the case and for the exceedingly rare instance I still need to use a disc
  • A DVD±RW drive in my Lenovo ThinkPad W520 that I basically never use anymore
Since the new PC build last year, I've only ever put an audio CD in its DVD±RW drive once and that was to rip/encode a track to MP3.

Last edited:
Yeah, I assume she had no device to play it. It makes sense, the necessity is gone. Just difficult for me to grasp. I had to buy an external cd/dvd drive for this pc as well.

I was handed down this and have no intention of getting rid of it thats for sure! I have it set on a switch to the computer audio if I ever want to hear something in the other room. Ideally I'd have no switch and just play them in both rooms at the same time somehow

1709249302585.png

Reactions: Irv
I swear those Panasonic mini systems are the only CD changer and cassette combo units to have survived the ascent of digital music. I've been casually looking for something to replace my parents' much newer Sharp mini system with a CD changer that quit working, and the older Panasonic systems are everywhere for a reasonable price. The only things they're missing that the newer Sharp has are Bluetooth and USB, but a $20 Bluetooth 5+ aux adapter takes care of that and the USB isn't necessary.

Last edited:
I didn’t have the visor storage in the cougar but I did have one of those zip up CD pouches I kept in the trunk (My Cougar had the factory 10 disc changer). I don’t really miss CDs honestly, it takes less time to “burn” an album on a usb drive or my smartphone than a CD and there’s no skipping, no micro scratches preventing a song or the whole cd from reading and I can add and subtract at my will.

Ironically while I obviously am into old cars music and and various other old crap as well as an interest in history, and think most new technology and entertainment today falls somewhere between shit and steaming shit, I’m really not nostalgic. Burned CDs for me always seemed like a disposable means to an end, which was simply to hear the music. Cassettes as a technology I have more fondness of, at least I could tape over those. I had at least a dozen burned CDs where a glitch happened during the burn where there’s be a weird skip or repeat that would force me to either Reburn a new disc and throw that one out or grin and bear it to the point when I hear “that song” now I instinctively hear the stupid glitch my burned CD had.

I swear those Panasonic mini systems are the only CD changer and cassette combo units to have survived the ascent of digital music. I've been casually looking for something to replace my parents' much newer Sharp mini system with a CD changer that quit working, and the older Panasonic systems are everywhere for a reasonable price. The only things they're missing that the newer Sharp has are Bluetooth and USB, but a $20 Bluetooth 5+ aux adapter takes care of that and the USB isn't necessary.

The bass is great in my opinion. Good system considering a cheap monitor is like 250 bucks a pop, and theres probably a good few of these around for about hundred. I really have to crank the volume for the AUX from the computer though, I don't know if thats because the cable I have running is so long

Seems like a big gamble buying audio equipment from the web though, especially used

I didn’t have the visor storage in the cougar but I did have one of those zip up CD pouches I kept in the trunk (My Cougar had the factory 10 disc changer). I don’t really miss CDs honestly, it takes less time to “burn” an album on a usb drive or my smartphone than a CD and there’s no skipping, no micro scratches preventing a song or the whole cd from reading and I can add and subtract at my will.

Ironically while I obviously am into old cars music and and various other old crap as well as an interest in history, and think most new technology and entertainment today falls somewhere between shit and steaming shit, I’m really not nostalgic. Burned CDs for me always seemed like a disposable means to an end, which was simply to hear the music. Cassettes as a technology I have more fondness of, at least I could tape over those. I had at least a dozen burned CDs where a glitch happened during the burn where there’s be a weird skip or repeat that would force me to either Reburn a new disc and throw that one out or grin and bear it to the point when I hear “that song” now I instinctively hear the stupid glitch my burned CD had.
The bird stock CD player as you know is very disagreeable and hates railroad tracks :sad:

Watching people fumble around their streaming services to pair device and find music is painful to watch, especially when they're driving. Youtube's recommendations have been pretty dang good in the last couple years though. Finding new music took a lot of sleuthing around. Last.fm was a great help, I miss using that website but it's lots its charm on me

Edit: Oh right, fair to add that I do really like the USB port for playing music, on some cars I'd rented. I'm very glad that is (was??) a thing

…grin and bear it to the point when I hear “that song” now I instinctively hear the stupid glitch my burned CD had.
I still have a hard time listening to Weezer’s sweater song for this exact reason! The burned CD would just get into an infinite skip loop towards the end of the that song and I would have to be ready to skip to the next track.

I know I'm a minority but I still buy CDs of albums. Sure, I immediately rip them to lossless and reencode them from there to various lossy formats compatible with the players in the car, but I keep the CD album on the shelf. I like the tangible feeling of "owning" the music, plus it's a lossless format, the art/inserts are often fun to read through, and there's some resale value for psychotic collectors like myself. Plus if anything happened to the digital library, I've still got the content. I've got a few disc players at home too; giant Panasonic LD/VCD player, anyone?

If vinyl is available on amazon, they give you access to mp3 pretty much immediately, or did the last couple I bought. I got flac of the last manson album.