Classifieds and Auctions Thread

May have been swapped in, the od wires can get brittle over time and replacing the whole handle is sometimes easier. I have only ever seen the short leather ones in 97s myself, never a 94 when Ford was still pouring money in this platform

Would it be logical to assume that part may have been replaced with a newer updated shifter at some point in time ?

Yes, but...

The first time I saw this was a very low mileage junkyard car. I actually took and sold the shifter. Short handle, yet it had the pre-97 2-wire connector. And the wires looked factory.

This one:

One possibility is that shifter was a service part which often have some unique quirks like the “1998” 94-96 cluster I have. Why it was replaced on a low mile car like that(if those miles are actually authentic…) I can’t say but I can confidently say I’ve never seen another 94-95 car with that shifter.

Why it was replaced on a low mile car like that(if those miles are actually authentic…)

Perhaps .. they replaced the ODO as well. 🤔

I'd need to see a part number to confirm or deny any further speculation.

Do tell. I'm not familiar with it.

The fuel/volts face has thin marks for the full/empty and the tach face has the 89-93 style slatted redline but the rest of the face itself is printed like a 94-96 face, also has the (unused) upshift light cutout some SC tachs had.

IMG_2911.jpegIMG_2914.jpegIMG_2909.jpegIMG_2915.jpeg

I have a broken one you can have. :biggrin:

I think I do have one from a Cougar, I won’t be able to dig through my parts till Tuesday or Wednesday. PM me if you’re interested to remind me.

Cougar; I barely touched it, lol. I got cocky, and tried to back it in beside the redCougar, and they kissed corner to corned; they may have been settling a score, or something, I was sure I was clear, lol.

Ship it; I'd like to drive it to the eclipse. :)
Do you still have my address? I'll pay no prob.

Nice find, GreenT. I'd hope the the price gives room to address whatever issues it may have

Yeah, I can't get over how many 90s cars have tape decks. It makes sense given that everyone had a tape collection at that time, but yikes

Premium fuel recommended on the cluster, interesting.

My Cougar had the factory cassette deck and the factory 10-disc CD changer in the trunk. Marks often had that as well.

I contacted the seller, he said the car has been sitting for a bit from original owner, but he was able to drive it a few months(?) ago.

From TheTerminator93's FAQ thread:
The intake manifold runners (IMRCs) can get stuck due to lack of use over time. If the car falls flat on its face under hard acceleration over 3000 RPM, they may be stuck closed.
I remember Grog talking about seeing quite a few of these smoked. The only thing I know to look at is the Carfax and evaluate lapse in mileage

I've never had to mess with any of the actuators on mine. The 96s and up have electronic actuators that should throw a code if they malfunction, IIRC.

Green T, thank you so much for the tip and many thank yous to birdcats. I've got to look through the booklet yet but TheTerminator93's FAQ has been a great head start and very accurate.

1708669741472.png

97 Thunderbird Sport - South Washington
10,000 @ 85,000mi
1708884836955.png

96 Thunderbird - Central Illinois
8,000 @ 68,000mi
1708884473606.png

95 Thunderbird - South Alabama
3,000 @ 88,000mi
1708884438618.png

94 Cougar - North Alabama
7,450 @ "12,000mi"
1708884412113.png

97 LSC - Nearly Connecticut
6,500 @ 84,000mi

1708884392206.png

Last edited:
As much as I appreciate my Northern friends, I'm not buying a 20+ year old car from there. North AL at least gets away from the gulf. The White Tbird looks great.

As much as I appreciate my Northern friends, I'm not buying a 20+ year old car from there. North AL at least gets away from the gulf. The White Tbird looks great.
Agreed... Still you would be surprised how much a difference the location up North makes. When I lived in upstate NY, car dealers there would advertise the fact that they sold "clean" Pennsylvania vehicles. The PA cars are are always way less rusted. Same if you get into NYC and NJ area, they rust but not anything like the cars closer to the great lakes.