Classifieds and Auctions Thread

PNW cars are usually clean. When it snows, the ones I know there either stay home or take public transit. From what I've heard, they also don't use nearly as much salt.

This side of the continent is a different story. I once watched a 2010 Golf that began its life in Ontario literally rust in half across the floorboards and B-pillars within six years of it being bought new.

NC was also awful when I lived there.

1F3FA743-590F-4D89-9787-0B07D782FC97.jpeg

Colorado cars are always clean, they get bad snowstorms but it doesn't last and they don't use salt, but sand. Salt is the killer, that's why Chicago and other great lakes region cars are so bad, we dump shit tons of it and we dump it whether its snowing, sleeting or icing and it doesnt get washed from the roads unless it warms and rains. The lakes are fesh water so the moisture in the air is fairly inconsequential, it's nothing like being near the ocean

Low mileage examples have been coming up here rather consistently

1709141390044.png

Another woody one, what is happening lmao. I'm done driving this when I hit 69K

Another woody one, what is happening lmao. I'm done driving this when I hit 69K

Between the wood, the ground effects(minus the front which surely met a curb and remained there) gold badging and pinstripes I’m going to assume the original owner liked to accessorize.

Only thing I like about that are the chrome Sport wheels.

Joe

The rest of the accessories are so gaudy I didn't even notice the wheels were chrome!
Yeah, too much shit on that thing for me. I wonder what's under the towel on the front seat? :unsure:

Joe

Whats up with the sucker on the passenger seat?
Why do people leave all kinds of shit laying around instead of cleaning it up the best you can to make it more appealing? :zrant:

Joe

I love these old smilies!

Damn it, I accidentally opened that in a normal tab and now I have that bullshit in my eBay viewing history.

WTF is the point of this dumbass wood trim? Like, what diet methhead thought that piece needed to exist?

s-l1600.jpg

Damn it, I accidentally opened that in a normal tab and now I have that bullshit in my eBay viewing history.

I thought I was the only other person to get bothered by that lol YouTube too, though at least they let me delete recently viewed

I thought I was the only other person to get bothered by that lol YouTube too, though at least they let me delete recently viewed
You can turn off or clear the viewing history on all these platforms if you want. I still find it occasionally useful though. I just don't want a tastelessly tarted up Thunderbird in my eBay history, so I flooded it with refrigerator water and air filters and vintage clothing.

Unfortunately, I'm probably still going to get a couple of "you recently viewed" emails from eBay about it.

WTF is the point of this dumbass wood trim? Like, what diet methhead thought that piece needed to exist?

It's part of the stick-on trim kit. I had the dumbass simulated carbon fiber version, in 1997 .. 🤔

You can turn off or clear the viewing history on all these platforms if you want. I still find it occasionally useful though. I just don't want a tastelessly tarted up Thunderbird in my eBay history, so I flooded it with refrigerator water and air filters and vintage clothing.

Unfortunately, I'm probably still going to get a couple of "you recently viewed" emails from eBay about it.

I find it useful overall, but like you I don’t like when stuff like that clutters my history when I’m looking for something else. Clearing it clears the whole history on eBay which I don’t want. YouTube I can selectively cut out a video because it starts inundating my feed with related crap.

• Agree
Reactions: Irv
It's part of the stick-on trim kit. I had the dumbass simulated carbon fiber version, in 1997 .. 🤔
Yeah, it's just such a strangely shaped piece that it's completely nonsensical from a design POV. As if the rest of the kit wasn't bad enough, then here's an inverted boomerang-looking piece that looks even more arbitrary than the dash pieces.

Agreed, whoever came up with those was either on something or under a time crunch just adding wood into any car to pad their catalog without any sort of logic to it. There are passable wood kits probably made by the same company, other than the pointless door handle surrounds this isn’t much different than wood Lincoln started putting in from the factory in 95

90B7C480-A788-4CE0-80A0-D81406CAE318.jpeg

There are passable wood kits probably made by the same company, other than the pointless door handle surrounds this isn’t much different than wood Lincoln started putting in from the factory in 95

View attachment 4157

I bet that kit had way more pieces, and the owner/installer wisely left them in the box. Surrounds for window switches, lock switches, air vents, etc.

My problem with all these flat, 2-dimensional kits is that you can usually see the edge of the factory piece underneath, thereby making it extremely obvious that they were tacked on.

The MN12 kits are a particular disaster because the kit pieces are applied onto very large panels, like the cluster bezel. But since the wood pieces cannot cover the entire cluster bezel due to curvature, they just gave them some arbitrary shape.

Meanwhile, my preference for wood trim has been sufficiently documented, but I'd never go for such a kit.

I will say, the center controls of the 98 LSC is wildly out of place and disappointing

Not a fan of the fake wood stick on overlay either.
Probably in the minority here, but a kit with a dark metallic color could look really nice.

I bet that kit had way more pieces, and the owner/installer wisely left them in the box. Surrounds for window switches, lock switches, air vents, etc.

My problem with all these flat, 2-dimensional kits is that you can usually see the edge of the factory piece underneath, thereby making it extremely obvious that they were tacked on.

The MN12 kits are a particular disaster because the kit pieces are applied onto very large panels, like the cluster bezel. But since the wood pieces cannot cover the entire cluster bezel due to curvature, they just gave them some arbitrary shape.

Meanwhile, my preference for wood trim has been sufficiently documented, but I'd never go for such a kit.

I agree, but that’s actually how the 95-96 Marks are from the factory, they just went the extra step to make the portion below black

1709180239634.jpeg

Not a fan of the fake wood stick on overlay either.
Probably in the minority here, but a kit with a dark metallic color could look really nice.

Not me, paint and especially metallic paints in interiors screams easyrod kustom kar kulture

Copied my wheels, but with hub adapters 😬

Non MN12 Tbird, but Mopar envy much?

So is wood trim a thing among owners of Pacific Green with Light Prairie Tan cars?

Let's compare though: the implementation through a business that sells these kits for profit vs. the implementation of yours truly.

1709180135972.png

20231226_144104.jpg

I agree, but that’s actually how the 95-96 Marks are from the factory, they just went the extra step to make the portion below black

View attachment 4161

I don't just mean the plastic around the shifter. I mean literally every outer edge around every piece of a tack-on kit, such as those door release surrounds: you'll see the plastic bezel underneath because the wood overlay isn't flush with the surrounding door panel.

Yeah, it's just such a strangely shaped piece that it's completely nonsensical from a design POV. As if the rest of the kit wasn't bad enough, then here's an inverted boomerang-looking piece that looks even more arbitrary than the dash pieces.

I certainly would not install one on any vehicle I own today. These kits were among a plethora of tacky add ons ( ground effects, hood bras, etc ) that were popular at the time these cars were still considered new.