Doomsday Thread Redux

I had a certain family member trying to use my sudden health problems that showed up out of the blue in spring 2021as an example to other family members and probably everyone else he knew that it was the jab. Notwithstanding the fact that the jab(theories) doesn't cause the kidney issue I had, and especially notwithstanding the fact that I didn't even have the first vaccine administered yet!

It's just pure confirmation bias, people like to say "when there's smoke there's fire" but can't tell smoke apart from a puffy cumulous cloud.
While that is no doubt true, in fairness you must admit that many people on the other side always attributed every mild case of covid or recovery from covid to the vaccine, or even said that they were sure their case would have been much worse had they not been vaccinated, which is just as much confirmation bias.

Very ugly situation, and it I'm sure it will get worse before it gets better.

Nothing ever gets better. It goes from bad to worse.

Could the vaccine cause side-effects? Possibly, but it's going to be pretty rare, would you rather low risk some uncommon side effect or be dead?

A member on a different forum has a daughter who got the Gardasil vaccine as a teenager. She can't have kids now. Protects against HPV and pregnancy. But you're right .. nobody will know the side effects until it's too late.

people like to say "when there's smoke there's fire"

Did you say smoke ?? I've got the Fire. 😉

While that is no doubt true, in fairness you must admit that many people on the other side always attributed every mild case of covid or recovery from covid to the vaccine, or even said that they were sure their case would have been much worse had they not been vaccinated, which is just as much confirmation bias.
Of course, many people's heads are "in the clouds" these days. Personally I have skepticism about the effectiveness, I've gotten the jabs however, but for me to think it's not effective enough yet powerful enough to be lethal weeks or months and especially years after injection just doesn't compute.

Got my 5th jab this afternoon.

Apparently the wife and I caught it (first time I knew of) at the end of our trip to Ireland in July, it was essentially over for me in 3 days. Wife tends to suffer more when she gets sick; she was over it in about 5 days.

I had a certain family member trying to use my sudden health problems that showed up out of the blue in spring 2021as an example to other family members and probably everyone else he knew that it was the jab. Notwithstanding the fact that the jab(theories) doesn't cause the kidney issue I had, and especially notwithstanding the fact that I didn't even have the first vaccine administered yet!

It's just pure confirmation bias, people like to say "when there's smoke there's fire" but can't tell smoke apart from a puffy cumulous cloud.

Ya, it's modern superstition. Oh, you broke a mirror, that's why you had kidney problems, duh!

Again, a vaccine for a rare disease or medical problem, voluntary makes sense. I'm going to get a shingles vaccine next time I see my doctor, probably. But shingles isn't a pandemic (not contagious) so if I don't, that's my problem if I wind up with a real shingles issue later. A vaccine to try to stop or even just slow down an airborne contagious virus that's invisible so people don't know they have it and are spreading it to everyone around them, that's being a damn team player for once and pitch in, either literally don't leave your house until it blows over (good luck with that if the pandemic lasts months) or get the vaccine so that you help protect others even if you're unconcerned about your own personal well-being. Nobody I know died from getting a COVID vaccine. Quite a few people I know got COVID after getting vaccinated, felt like the flu. Out of those, at least one went through a few months of "long COVID" with the loss of the sense of taste (or smell?) but it finally came back. I believe unvaccinated relatives of a couple people I know did die from getting COVID. I'm sure others didn't die. Not worth that risk.

It's like people forget that polio and other contagious diseases were a thing and everybody got vaccinated (mandatory in grade schools) so that those scourges could be wiped out. And now a new generation of idiots thinks it's a fantastic idea to not get their kids vaccinated for anything because they heard at a Whole Foods that someone became autistic because of it. With, typically, nothing to support that. Putting all the kids around them at risk, especially other kids with similar parents who know better based on zero expertise. I mean, look around at everyone else older than 20, how did they all survive all those vaccines, hmm? Where are the expected hordes of autistic adults because they all got vaccinated? No answer.

These videos of the Hamas killing unarmed civilians, women/ children, barging into their homes and killing everyone and taking the children hostage are horrifying. Hard to imagine the severity of having your entire family shot right in front of you and then being taken hostage.
🇮🇱

No doubt, I can't even imagine what that must feel like living in that region and knowing that something like that is a legitimate threat to people around you.

Something I heard on the news after the first attacks was the theory that Hamas attacked because Saudi Arabia was in talk with Israel and the U.S. about figuring out a solution to peace in the region (presumably with the Palestinians), or at least normalization with Israel and recognition on both sides. So Hamas freaked out and pulled this maneuver to stop that from happening.

Assuming that's the reason, if I were the leader of Saudi Arabia the first thing I'd do is send in my own agents to dismember every Hamas member who had anything to do with planning this (they at least have proven willing and capable of such acts). That would be a true demonstration that they wanted normalization to work and aren't in the mood for a bunch of psychos screwing up the plan. But who knows how this attack affects that potential agreement now.

I'm going today to take the cat to the vet, and get my meds. I'm also going to get the new booster, and a flu shot. Different places, but I guess I could ask the vet if she has some invermectin. :rofl:

I heard the new booster makes your penis even bigger; at least that's what Nikki Minaj's cousins friend said.

Yeah, America isn't going to mess around

The Pentagon has ordered a second aircraft carrier strike group to the eastern Mediterranean near Israel to deter Iran or Hezbollah from joining the Israel-Hamas conflict...

Now imagine if things do spiral out regionally.

I thought it was bracing, lol.
After much effort expended on "tightening up" the chassis, and making the suspension 'stiffer', I've came to the realization that the stock busnings are better than poly, and jjjj springs with poly are too fucking stiff, lol.
Funny part is, I remember Duffy Floyd and DLF telling me that 10+ years ago. Isn't it awesome to realize, after spending hundreds, that they were right?

Last edited:
Somebody sinks attacks a US aircraft carrier, there will be a global shitfest.
FTFY. All the kids who grew up playing BF3 and are now in the military will realize how well Dice modeled various places in Iran in 2011

Last edited:
They need to update that game we used to play, with more modern stuff. :)

There are a lot of stupid people. Something that is a regular occurrence, is someone pulling into a field, and having the gas tank go up from the tall grass across the cats. I call that Evolution in Action. :) So you do know that the founder of tccoa, now roasting in hell, died from covid? Vaccines work.

Derp, btw, I live 20 miles outside of Knoxville, on a river, and it was <150k.

Gordo, I'm just waiting on the isralis to nuke Iran; then the shit really hits the fan. :O
Let's wargame this out:
1) There is no reason for IL to conduct a first nuclear strike
- After what Hamas did to a bunch of civilians (both Israeli and foreign), they already have enough foreign govt backing to do what they want in Gaza for a long time to come (which I'll admit, isn't winning them any moral points).
- People may protest worldwide (like the Vienna Pro Palestinian protest in which they protested against genocide of Palestinians in Gaza by the IDF but also chanted "from the river to the sea" implying that all Jews should be wiped out of IL -- where's the logic in that?) but govts will give IL a pass.

- Breaking out any nukes would simply trigger a further arms race (the Saudis would want to straight up buy a few) AND would force the rest of the muslim world to wipe Israel out even if they hated iran more. Israel would lose any moral fig-leaf they might have.
- I would believe IL would conduct a conventional first strike on Iran (which they've done plenty of times in the past) if they find justification that Iran had helped Hamas but I'm more confident they'd go after military targets vs religious or govt (like say the Ayatollah).

2) IMO, Iran has no reason to strike first even if they had nukes and could decapitate the IL govt (say by taking out Knesset or even Netanyahu). They simply don't have enough arms to survive the resulting counter attack from the US.

3) If the US escalated things, I expect it would be with an attack on Hezbollah after a) Hezbollah tries to open up a wider attack from Lebanon on northern Israel or b) someone tries to pick a fight with the carrier groups (USS Cole's attack was done by a small fiberglass boat + C4; how far can a bunch of drones make it and how good is the US radar system anyway)?

The counter attack by the US might force Iran into the fray but IMO it would stay strictly conventional. THAT might result in the end of Iran but I doubt the other muslim countries would want in on that fight for fear of setting off crazy sunni vs shiite sectarian violence.

I'm also willing to bet that Russia stays out (unlike in Syria where they propped up Assad) because they have their own problems.

Not sure if China would give any fucks either (they'd be happy just to sell arms for oil to anyone who needs it). My hope is that the Pakistanis and Indians would also sit this one out as well.

3) If you had to ask me who would be MOST likely to set off the next nuke, I think it would be a non-state actor like say Hamas. I could see a crazy scenario where Putin or even Iran hands one over just to stir some shit with Israel.
- My doomsday concern here is that the resultant shitstorm of Hamas/Hezbollah attacking IL with a tactical nuke would then give Putin the opp to break out tactical nukes to address his own problem (Ukraine).
- The US and the west would then be forced to react to Russia and/or Iran -- my bet would be on decapitation strikes.

Finally, I dont think the DPRK has anyone they can hit with certainty so they won't even try. The only scenario I see where they might try something is if they see that the US gets so entangled in the Middle East vs Iran (or maybe even Russia) that they think they can hit South Korea. I think they are aware enough of their military capabilities though that they might try more widespread cyber attacks vs a traditiional military attack (say cripple their utilities and/or their LoL servers for exampel). I'll bet though that they are happy enough stealing crypto and keeping their ruling class trucking along. Setting off nukes for them is just a way to solicit bribes from the West.

IMO, the best thing we can do here in the US is add more solar and achieve energy independence (not 'drill baby drill'). Once that happens, we'll still need oil for plastics but these countries can go squabble amongst themselves.

Last edited:
That's pretty much what I'm thinking, Gunn, some non-state actor gets a nuke, and hits something. I'm not sure it would matter what they hit, but shit would go downhill,fast. If it were an aircraft carrier, we'd see ww3.
I don't see russia handing them out, and they haven't remanufactured cores in years. We can tell if they reprocess anything. We remelt ours every few years, to avoid issues. :)
Oh, I'm also still trying to straighten out my paypal. There is no phone support, so email is it.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking, Gunn, some non-state actor gets a nuke, and hits something. I'm not sure it would matter what they hit, but shit would go downhill,fast. If it were an aircraft carrier, we'd see ww3.
I don't see russia handing them out, and they haven't remanufactured cores in years. We can tell if they reprocess anything. We remelt ours every few years, to avoid issues. :)
Oh, I'm also still trying to straighten out my paypal. There is no phone support, so email is it.

My doomsday attack on a carrier would involve lots of really small drones flying at the water level. While small enough drones may be hard enough to detect and certainly hard enough to stop (see saudi oil field attack which also involved missiles), I'm not sure ANY boat would be allowed close enough to be in drone range of the carriers.
Also, the smallest nuke ever made by the US still weighed ~50LBs. Even if the Russians made one half as big, that's a pretty big weight to put on any drone (and they won't have 20-50 of them to launch at once).

Instead of a strike on a carrier, maybe a dirty bomb is more likely? Something like low radiation medical waste in a truck parked in Tel Aviv is more likely. I'd suggest that they'd attack Jerusalem but they also view that as holy real estate (ex: Dome of the Rock is built on top of Solomon's Temple). Even a nutjob is less likely to put grannies chemo waste all over that place.

----
As far as the paypal is concerned, no worries. Pay me when you are ready. PPalready took my money and refunded your bank. They also assessed a "credit dispute fee for $15" even though I told them to give you your money back. I don't mind eating that though if it helps you (I'm not on a fixed income).

Will that help with middle eastern conflicts?? Asking for a friend...

Removing the air silencer has many amazing benefits, some known, some yet to be discovered. If you haven’t already checked it out See the air silencer delete link in my signature for details.