Doomsday Thread Redux

My biggest annoyance from all of this (back at the old forum and now it seems here) has been those who try to push their skepticism by "Just Asking Questions" -- aka JAQing off.
Well it is basically the old forum, we just moved into the old dairy queen and called ourselves the "ancient mystic society of no Jeffs" :biggrin:

@Trunk Monkey I’m saying we should remove red#3 from our diets. I RECENTLY found out about this topic, I believe they are made from petroleum base. Not too sure but I have to keep reading on it. This also leads me to believe any other coloring should be off the table aswel.

As far as deodorant aluminum, our arm pits actually a sore a lot of what gets rubbed on them. Such as the aluminum in deodorants. I’ve seen this could be attributed to the rise in breast cancer in women. But there’s 2 sides to this saying we shouldn’t worry about it. Again, if you can avoid it, avoid it just to be safe.

Also flouride is technically a poison. I’m sure I’m small dosages it won’t do much such as toothpaste. But seeing there is plenty of alternatives, I personally stay away from it.

Pretty much going to 7/11 I’ve realized everything in the fluids section is poison, besides water and coconut water. High fructose sugar is a MF and pretty much everything has that In it.

You're right. There should be nothing "entertaining" about people dying. The point was that it is ironic that the same people who dismissed the vaccine that could have saved their lives died for their principals. It's a high price to pay for your beliefs, or on the flip side a Darwinian award worthy moment as they eliminated themselves through ignorance thereby improving our species' chances of long-term survival.

Agreed, that was my point. Yes, it's always terrible when someone dies. It's also hilarious in the Darwin Award sense when the person brings it on him/herself. Don't tell me you haven't laughed over some Darwin Award posts you read, I laugh at all of them. I know there's a real person behind that death but at the same time, it was very easy to avoid that outcome.

Now, to Chingon1's point, yes. There are some who had adverse reactions to the vaccine. I don't discount that fact. However, they are a very, very small percentage of the billions of people world wide who did receive the vaccine.

Absolutely, there are legitimate reasons for a choice few to doubt the benefits or outright refuse. Obviously I'm not talking about those people, I was talking about the ones who were baselessly telling everyone else that it was a government hoax, there was no COVID, there were microchips in the vaccine, it changes your DNA, etc., and they were also not even wearing a mask because Freedom. Ok, then they got really sick, at death's door, finally they see reason and admit, ya, I was totally wrong. No shit, the rest of us knew that, I'm sure many people tried in vain to explain that to you, jackass. Too late now.

Some people have nut allergies and don't even want to be around people who ate peanuts an hour ago, that's understandable though a bit paranoid. And especially at the beginning of the pandemic when there was zero long-term data about how safe the vaccines were (especially with a pregnancy or history of weak immune system) it was reasonable to have a few doubts. Anyone who was high-risk, or even potentially high-risk, I had no problem with them so long as they did everything else (masked up, stayed away from others) back when the vaccine was only available to healthcare workers, the military and old people, and millions of unvaccinated people were dying because sick people were spreading COVID around. Now that it's available everywhere and the majority of people are vaccinated (and proving, day after day, that there's nothing wrong with getting vaccinated) it's much less impactful to be unvaccinated and maybe breathing COVID onto other people. I got COVID once already (first rock concert since COVID shut everything down) but the vaccine reduced it to the equivalent of the flu. I can handle that. But how fucking hard is it to wear a mask? I still do at the grocery store, post office, etc. Cheap insurance.

I'm talking about the idiots who had no good reason to be against the vaccine. Sure, in their minds they had "reasons" but they made no sense and were conspiracy theory stupid. And they wouldn't even wear a mask to at least hopefully protect other people, they defiantly felt like they had the right to put others at risk. Fuck them. If they lived through that, great, they should go to Vegas, bet on everything, they can't lose. That is what was entertaining to me, the realization (or irony) after it was too late and they knew that they just doomed themselves for no reason. Serves them right for risking the health of others. At least a few of them were mature enough to admit it and warn others in videos, the least they could do at that point. That's Darwin Award to me and I won't apologize for laughing at that any more than I laugh at the person who died because he was so cheap that he wouldn't pay for a Coke out of a vending machine so he tried to tip it so the can would fall out and he got crushed by the machine. Again, an actual person died, but that guy was dumb and was asking for it. Everyone I know who's ever read one of those Darwin Award posts laughs even though they know it's a real death. "How could that guy be so stupid?" Ya, my thoughts exactly, how could that idiot fall to his death because he leaned back too far trying to get that cool selfie looking down that canyon? Some people, man.

When there is a pandemic (a rare occurrence) that's contagious and there are certain steps you should take (vaccine, mask, quarantine) to minimize the risk to yourself and others, you do them. As much as you can. Nobody cares if you "believe" it's happening or not. Pitch in and follow the steps. If/when it turns out that it wasn't that dangerous or it's not necessary to do all that, then ramp down. If you're one of the rare cases that can't really do the vaccine part, then don't. Totally understandable, I would have done the same if I had a pregnant wife (not having her get the vaccine), though I would have gotten the vaccine (if available) to at least reduce the odds but I would be wearing a mask whenever I was near her, just in case. And have her wear a mask to hopefully protect the kid. My brother has 2 kids, one was too young to get vaccinated during the worst of the pandemic. So he wore a mask everywhere, so did I (so I could visit once in a while). Not much to ask. Now we don't wear masks at his house like before. I would have felt like a total asshole if I'd refused to wear a mask (because it's a hoax!) and then breathed COVID onto his kid and he'd gotten really sick. Not worth it.

If I wind up dying in an incredibly stupid and avoidable way I would expect anyone who hears about it to laugh, I would haunt anyone who tried to say it's not funny because an actual person died you guys.

I like to take a reasonable look at things. I have had many vaccinations in my life, and I've never had any problems with any of them. I get a flu shot every year, so getting stuck for covid is now also an annual thing. It would be an ignominious end to die of a virus a free vaccine was available for. After all the crazy shit I've done, dying of a virus would suck. I know a half-dozen people that drank trumps kool aid, and took invermectin, and died. All older, all repub voters. Killing off your voters is not a good strategy, but not much they come up with is, lol. I have a buddy that caught chicken pox as an adult, and it practically killed him.

Also, related, specifically about masking up. I remember during the first year of COVID when everyone was wearing masks (before most could even get vaccinated) and avoiding crowds, the amount of flu cases also cratered. Because masks help there, too. There seems to be a specific reason why they were effective in winter, and why we get colds and flus more in winter -

That's cool that they finally figured that out, the actual mechanism. When I was a kid it made no sense to me that I got the cold or flu because it was cold outside. I remember getting the cold or flu when it was warm sometimes. This makes a lot of sense now. I'm no fan of getting the flu, either, so I'm going to be wearing a mask most of the time during the cold months from now on just to help my nose stay warm.

It would be better if people learned to wash their fucking hands.

... and now we just fist bump because ... who want's to touch another persons nasty unwashed hand. It's interesting how use of the fist bump grew out of the pandemic.

I used to have a buddy that I completely avoided shaking hands with. his hands were slimy, for some reason. I used to use 409 on the doorknobs after he left, lol. And I'm not a clean freak by any means, I sleep with a cat most nights, lol. He went trumpite, I pissed him off, so thankfully I only have to clean doorknobs monthly, or when I make a mess, lol.

I'm not going to comment on this subject after reading this thread. I do find it interesting though.

... and now we just fist bump because ... who want's to touch another persons nasty unwashed hand. It's interesting how use of the fist bump grew out of the pandemic.

There's still plenty of people who cling to the goldilocks cork sniffery where handshake firmness is the window into one's character. Mostly among boomers but not exclusively.

Fist bumps have been around forever, at least for my generation, what the pandemic seemed to spawn was the elbow bump, which I immediately preferred, but that seems to have gone the way of the pandemic with most people.

Interesting articles about Israel's options with Hamas: apparently, the most logical post-Hamas solution for Gaza would be for the PA to step in from the West Bank but they are in no position to govern this area.

Article going over how this current Mideast conflict could spiral into a regional/world war
Apparently artillery shells originally bound for Ukraine have now been rerouted to Israel. Sucks for Zelensky and co and shows how this can play to Putin's advantage (also driving up the value of the one thing he can export - oil)

nobody deserves to die, I sit and think about all the bad going on over there and it sucks. Those precious kids that are perishing because of the people in charge. It’s really upsetting that only one side gets their story told.

Some people do. According to the "my God is better than your god" theory.
They all believe in the same God, all the murder conquest raping and pillaging is in the name of which random dude prophet is the most divine. Kind of like arguing who was the better singer for AC/DC. It's all very rational, you see.

A lot of people worship money or political figures. 🤔

A lot of people worship money or political figures. 🤔

Eons of human kind worshiping religion set the template in our DNA. Worshiping money, celebrities, politicians, causes et al is just filling the void. Faith, morality, dogma, original sin are all recreated in their own new ways. You certainly see that with the two political parties these days.

Eons of human kind worshiping religion set the template in our DNA. Worshiping money, celebrities, politicians, causes et al is just filling the void. Faith, morality, dogma, original sin are all recreated in their own new ways. You certainly see that with the two political parties these days.
It seems more like 3 parties now with the GOP / MAGA split. They control the house and can't even agree on a House Speaker.

Edit: I spoke to soon, I guess they settled on Mike Johnson. I wonder how long he'll last ....

Interesting long form journalism about the complicated relationship between a Jan 6th insurgent and the son who turned him in. Even now after 3 years, the father doesn't think what he did was wrong. On the bright side, the son and his father still have a relationship (parents/kids have stopped interacting over much less)

I draw the line at insurrection. That would have gotten me disowned by my family. And they have put up with a lot, lol.

NGL after reading that article I find both Brian and A.J. equally irritating.

Hey since the implausibility of this game coming out anytime soon was always part of the doomsday polls on the old site, this is about as good of a place as any to put it

2025 lol

GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, two PSP titles and GTA IV came out within the timespan of 2001 and 2008. Span between GTA V and GTA IV 2013 to 2025(est)! Greedy fucks. But hey I see a 70-71 "Ranchero" so I'm all in :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm conflicted. GTA5 is the best game ever. I still play it at least weekly. If GTA6 doesn't blow it out of the water, there's going to be some serious disappointment. But also I'll miss GTA5 dearly when they shut it down.

I'm conflicted. GTA5 is the best game ever. I still play it at least weekly. If GTA6 doesn't blow it out of the water, there's going to be some serious disappointment. But also I'll miss GTA5 dearly when they shut it down.

I feel like the last time I played it was 6 years ago, but I never could get into GTA-O.

V had the worst soundtrack of any GTA ever, so hopefully in 6 it isn’t just 18 fucking rap stations, and they better have a rock/metal station like VRock in the OG vice city.

I play online exclusively and the online soundtrack is much more diverse than the Story Mode one is. But it is still limited. Every time I hear Hall and Oates' "Adult Education" while I'm driving in real life, I have to resist the urge to mow down a pedestrian.

When mailboxes start to look like health packs, you've been playing doom too long, lol. Driving to work one morning about 97-98 timeframe, we were playing duke nukem at every opportunity. I'd come home from work and play. After that came quake 2, andit drove computer purchases for awhile. At some point we added unreal tournament, Quake3, crysis, crysis wars, which we still play, and all the far cry versions. Crysis 4 is coming out, and I'll need a new videocard to play, as usual, lol.

I play online exclusively and the online soundtrack is much more diverse than the Story Mode one is. But it is still limited. Every time I hear Hall and Oates' "Adult Education" while I'm driving in real life, I have to resist the urge to mow down a pedestrian.

I could be wrong but I vividly remember a bunch of new radio stations getting added after an update that was added to single player as well and it was almost all rap and EDM across 3 or 4 new stations. Adult Education was on the original PS3 release of game

They all believe in the same God, all the murder conquest raping and pillaging is in the name of which random dude prophet is the most divine. Kind of like arguing who was the better singer for AC/DC. It's all very rational, you see.

Bon Scott. Come on, man, haahahaa.