The Official BirdCats Beer Thread! What are you drinking? 🍺

Still got work to do, so its Sake for me tonight heh

Nice selection. Pumpkin Ale sounds like a good fall treat.

I got spoiled working for siemens. I'd get random beers occasionally from Germany, belgum, austria, sweeden; once people found out I appreciated good beer, it was awesome. I traded them Jack daniels, especially the varieties not avalable elsewhere. IDK what it costs to import a barrel of jack daniels to germany, but my boss does, lol I helped get it to the airport. It shipped fedex, lol.

I like bourbon, Basil Hayden is good but pricey. I think there are better out there for the price. But my taste buds ain’t gold, enjoy.

I'm not picky with bourbon. My only criteria is "better than bottom shelf".

Basil or Four Roses will usually do just fine. :biggrin:

I went through a very small phase of trying to buy higher quality scotch. Usually I had felt that the money could have been better spent otherwise, but I really love [The Balvenie] Doublewood. Check it out if you like scotch

Jefferson Aged at Sea is a really nice Bourbon in that $50-60 range. Cedar Ridge is an Iowa local brewery and for $35 it's really nice.
Scotch, I always seen to end up back on Johnny Walker Black. I even like Red as far as that goes.

Age at Sea is a great bourbon, unfortunately it's now in the $80 range here and I don't think it's worth that.

I went through that phase of trying higher priced bourbons with some friends to find that the $60 range it probably my tops. Anything pricier than that the flavor is only slightly better. The cost to benefit ratio simply isn't there.

Benchmark is a solid bottom shelf bourbon though. A handle for ~$25.

Cerebral Brewing Double Dry Hopped Rare Trait New England Hazy IPA.

Stopped by the brewery with my son in law yesterday, beautiful day with temperatures pushing 70 degrees!

Joe
IMG_6414.jpeg

Sweetwater and Terrapin from Georgia have great IPAs. Breckinridge Brewery has a fantastic vanilla porter.

i just found this site from a clue on Tcco yay. I thought you guys ditched me haha!
my first post is about beer. Go figure.

Sweetwater and Terrapin from Georgia have great IPAs. Breckinridge Brewery has a fantastic vanilla porter.

i just found this site from a clue on Tcco yay. I thought you guys ditched me haha!
my first post is about beer. Go figure.

Welcome Bill! Glad you found us! Happy Thanksgiving! Cheers! 🍻

For a good laugh, check out our since deleted farewell to the old site message here!

You can read our welcome message here: https://forum.birdcats.com/threads/...ats-a-community-for-mn12-owners-since-1998.7/

Cold night in Florida, going down to 40 or lower tonight. Miller Lite is not gonna cut it...

Belgian Ale 6.6%
"Subtle notes of vanilla and cloves."

Tastes like drinking a dessert.
:zbeer:

1701910010505.png

There was a Victory seasonal beer I really enjoyed that they stopped making. It was called Moonglow that was a spicy heffenweisser. Similar to Hoegaarden but a little different.

Lately I have been back on the Stout kick for the approaching winter. Left Hand Milk Stout has been pretty good. Another was Death of Venus that was just a plain Stout with no foo foo in it.

I used to love a good Stout, and Porters. There was a Porter in South East Michigan called Bells Porter that Ioved.

The best beer I've ver had was an Oktoberfest beer, that a buddy brought from germany. I had the same beer in alocal place, and it was not the same, lol. I'm drinking Heinekin, like the last 30 years, lol. But the kegs from Amsterdam, are much better.

ne of these days I want a fireplace. I have a perfect place for a bonfire.

There's a olace at the river, about an acre; perfect place to camp. We used to run two volleyball courts n saturdays and sindas, in the 89's and 90's we all aged out, lol. We cooked a pig one year, luau style. I put the apple in it's mouth myself. That was the most tender meat I've ever eaten.I need to host a drive in party. We have lanterns, and a generator, propane lights. I can throw a party, lol. Everyone drove in to the eclipse party, and there wasn't any party, really. But, if we camp, I can do a keg, or moonshine, lol. There's no problems, aslong as we arent running drag races on my street, lol. If spmeone wants to run races, we could run a bushhog on the old dragstrip; we'd need to fil lsome holes, lol. It was an airstrip too, and when they decomissioned it as a track, it was no longer an airstrip. lyles airstrip in harriman, lol. There's trenches across it

ne of these days I want a fireplace. I have a perfect place for a bonfire.
We have two and both are fully encased brick units. They're on the same wall, too. Pretty sure when they built the house they started with the fireplace wall and chimneys and anchored the house around it. The main level one was converted to gas before we bought the house. Basement is still a wood burner. Each of them have a dedicated and functional chimney that blows out above the roof.

I go back and forth debating whether I want to keep the gas logs upstairs or rip them out and go back to wood. It's a vented fireplace so there's very little coming heat off it into the room. It's just a gas flame so there's no coals radiating heat into the brick.

In contrast, the basement is a walk-out. The side with the fireplace is finished and the other side is our garage. The bedrooms are over the garage. I can light a fire downstairs and not have to run the heat pump all night. I'd prefer to have the actual fire on the main level when I'm not in the basement but for now I'm not complaining.